If not doing well in home country then go to canada other wise not

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha80 said:
Deal all,
If anyone not doing well in home country then you may opt to go canada otherwise home country like india is much better

isha
why is that?? would you mind sharing your experience??

thx

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicholas30 said:
What makes you start this topic????????????? Its useless

Bottom line Different people Different views...............
Every story can offer a new perspective. Personal experience, information and varied view points can be very useful.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Naija Pikin said:
The BIG QUESTION is, despite all the posts advising people to stay away from Canada, if you are doing well in your own country, Canada is still grappling with a mind boggling backlog/new immigration applications, WHY?.
I also asked the same question to a immigrant friend.. if living there is so hard then why immigrate he replied back to me with "The grass is always greener on the other side." So people we should try to make the best out of every situation sometimes situation really is bad and we have to take bolder decisions like immigrating.

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitroxn said:
I also asked the same question to a immigrant friend.. if living there is so hard then why immigrate he replied back to me with "The grass is always greener on the other side." So people we should try to make the best out of every situation sometimes situation really is bad and we have to take bolder decisions like immigrating.

Thanks
Your immigrant friend is very astute.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
nicholas30 said:
isha80

What makes you start this topic????????????? Its useless

Bottom line Different people Different views............... Topic E N D S
Lets not blame the OP for starting this thread. It has somewhat valid point. Most of immigrants especially from India, Pak and other developing countries have very high expectations from developed countries like US, Canada.
Most of us think that it is next to heaven and land of plenty and that once we go there we all will be super rich.
In my personal opinion immigrants from medical background(provided they get a job) and blue collar background have higher chances of improving their financial status.
People from Engineering backgrounds(highly valued in India and similar developing countries) have somewhat lesser chances of improving their financial status vis-a-vis home country.

I am yet to conclude about management and office clerical jobs as I have no frnds in these fields.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
nano24482 said:
Lets not blame the OP for starting this thread. It has somewhat valid point. Most of immigrants especially from India, Pak and other developing countries have very high expectations from developed countries like US, Canada.
Most of us think that it is next to heaven and land of plenty and that once we go there we all will be super rich.
In my personal opinion immigrants from medical background(provided they get a job) and blue collar background have higher chances of improving their financial status.
People from Engineering backgrounds(highly valued in India and similar developing countries) have somewhat lesser chances of improving their financial status vis-a-vis home country.

I am yet to conclude about management and office clerical jobs as I have no frnds in these fields.
Canada as well as countries like India have their pluses and minuses. It all depends on one's personal choice, on what one wants in life. I have seen very affluent people, too, emigrating to Canada, just because they can not stand the corrupt system in their home countries.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Thommo & nano24482.

To add to what they said, sometimes money is not the deciding factor for this decision. Some people want a better quality of life. Have time to pursue better things in life, not waste it over gathering basic amenities.

Ultimately it's a matter of personal choice. But to make that choice you need to see both aspects of these lives. People who have not visited any developed country would find it difficult to appreciate what they have not seen & understand somebody who has been there.

A decision becomes much easier if you have seen/lived that life for sometime. That is why you will notice a majority of applicants have either traveled to these countries or have worked their for sometime.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
yukon said:
A decision becomes much easier if you have seen/lived that life for sometime. That is why you will notice a majority of applicants have either traveled to these countries or have worked their for sometime.
Good contributions guys;
Please go through this link; http://www.immigrationguide.nursing.utoronto.ca/English.htm#OtherSkills

S

shibuya

It is better if people like yourself backout then we can see the backlog coming down and similarly those waiting anxiously to reach Canada get a open passage. I have not worked in India since 18 YRS nor do I plan since whatever I am today is just because I stayed away from that place full of politics, especially language/state/religion /colour etc.
If u seen the scenario in India a Maharashtrian will not like a South Indian.
A kERALITE will not like a Tamilian call him PANDI.
A sardar is bullied by all Because of his big brains and thoughts. ( Sardar jokes)
A bihari or UP ( bhaiya) is chased by MNS activists.
Any work in govt sector ( Keep chai-paani ready).
To ADD THE LIST WILL GO ON ..................................................

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Simon123 said:
ok buddy u said what u wanted to say .. but people like me dont think that way ...

its been 4 years since i moved to US and now moving to canada and u bet i dont wanna go back to india anytime in my life. I believe that we got one life and it should be lived comfortably ..
Very well said Somon123.
We all have a great pride for our home countries but the facts that u mentioned cant be AVOIDED , its so true .

In the end , what matters is our utmost HAPPINESS . Wherever one is Happy that is his/her heaven on earth .

Lets not backbite about Canada because the People in this thread who are complaining the most are Living there for decades or in a process....why travelling in 2 boats?

avan77

Feb 11, 2011
germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2011
We also very much want to go to Canada. ;D Even though we are from a very well developed country = Germany. We have a great social system here. If someone looses their job they get 60% of what they earned as government-unemeployment-benfit for a long time depending how long they have worked before. The government health insurance is also great and overall pays for everything and all operations even though you only pay a very small fee each month. Physio and dentist is paid. If you get sick and loose your job you get 70% sick-benefit of what you earned before (for 1,5 years!!!) Still,.... we want to get away from here. And I do more urgently then my boyfriend.
I lived 10 years in London and the Social Care System is 10 times worse there, the one in the US is even 100 times worse. Still my dream has always been Canada and US. But what I noticed when I lived outside of Germany is a big difference in mentality. I came back here because of backpain but noticed that I cant live here anymore!

So, we want to go to Canada because:
- We dont like the German money making, egoistic mentality, you wont believe it but when we go to Canada,US or UK we realise straight away how much more friendly, helpful and kind people are.... this is for me more important then money!!
- here its just about money, and neighbors dont talk to each other and dont smile, this is the general mentality there are a few people who are different ( to my surprise I read here that India is also having problems reg the mentality as I always thought people in developing countries would treat each other kinder then people in rich countries)
- We like the idea of space in Canada as Europe in our opinion is very overcrowded.
- We like the countryside in Canada & US, more untouched nature, more space for people

So in a nutshell, kinder friendlier mentality, lots of free space and nature but also the experience.
But our canadian lawyer already said that there are not many germans going to Canada. <<<<<<<

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
avan77 said:
We also very much want to go to Canada. ;D Even though we are from a very well developed country = Germany. We have a great social system here. If someone looses their job they get 60% of what they earned as government-unemeployment-benfit for a long time depending how long they have worked before. The government health insurance is also great and overall pays for everything and all operations even though you only pay a very small fee each month. Physio and dentist is paid. If you get sick and loose your job you get 70% sick-benefit of what you earned before (for 1,5 years!!!) Still,.... we want to get away from here. And I do more urgently then my boyfriend.
I lived 10 years in London and the Social Care System is 10 times worse there, the one in the US is even 100 times worse. Still my dream has always been Canada and US. But what I noticed when I lived outside of Germany is a big difference in mentality. I came back here because of backpain but noticed that I cant live here anymore!
So, we want to go to Canada because:
- We dont like the German money making, egoistic mentality, you wont believe it but when we go to Canada,US or UK we realise straight away how much more friendly, helpful and kind people are.... this is for me more important then money!!
- here its just about money, and neighbors dont talk to each other and dont smile, this is the general mentality there are a few people who are different ( to my surprise I read here that India is also having problems reg the mentality as I always thought people in developing countries would treat each other kinder then people in rich countries)
- We like the idea of space in Canada as Europe in our opinion is very overcrowded.
- We like the countryside in Canada & US, more untouched nature, more space for people
So in a nutshell, kinder friendlier mentality, lots of free space and nature but also the experience.
But our canadian lawyer already said that there are not many germans going to Canada. <<<<<<<
It was said times without numbers on this forum that, immigration is for different reasons.
Whether there is job or not people will still immigrate and this has been on since 1860!
So let’s discuss issues and leave the decision to migrate to the applicants involved.

avan77

Feb 11, 2011
germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2011
Right said:
It was said times without numbers on this forum that, immigration is for different reasons.
Whether there is job or not people will still immigrate and this has been on since 1860!
So let's discuss issues and leave the decision to migrate to the applicants involved.
I know. Just though it would be interesting to state another type of reasons which hasnt been said already.

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
avan77 said:
I know. Just though it would be interesting to state another type of reasons which hasnt been said already.
Every person has own threshold of acceptance ,rejection or acclimatization .Surely ,every individual is facing specific reasons for immigration.We ,the people of sub-continent, are victimized of corrupt political system in addition to religious extremism.These unavoidable factors are major threat to safe living .

anil_india

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
F T D- 18-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-07-2010 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Band-7.5
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
eCAS - IN PROCESS (Jan 2012)
Med's Done....
JULY 2, 2012 (PP sent)
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 2013 (PP received)
LANDED..........
May 2013.
liked this discussion.

wat i think is

if i or sumone else, wanna try a new country and its system,
just to fulfill a dream or giving it a TRY,
there is hardly any harm.

after living there for 2-3 yrs, if i d feel like Continuing, I will.
if i wud realise , ok i achieved wat i wanted, and India was better than this dream,
i shall move back.

its one life, lets enjoy all the things, and different systems, by experiencing them physically....
and afterwards decide where we shud settle.

best thing of this wud definitely be this ----
we won t have a regret...of not giving it a try.
also, if I wud not feel fine in Canada, I'll give my 200% in India again. :)