+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If in Canada and past deadline - contact your MP

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
My CEC application has been going on for over 14 months now. Based on advice on this forum, I contacted my local MP and somehow, magically, "criminality" passed within a week after visiting the MP's office (I take it they mean their own criminality of ignoring the case). It will still take 3 months before everything will be finalized but at least something happened since June 2018.

I don't recommend contacting your MP a day past the 6-month deadline but neither wait until 12-13 months have passed.

Reactions: inq_54

MOKI25

Nov 29, 2016
What is the full form of MP and how to contact MP. My Application passed 6 Months, 15 days back.

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
You can find your MP on the following website (put in your postal code):
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members
However, I would warn against contacting them now. They may ignore your case (and keep ignoring it in the future) because it barely passed the deadline. Give it another 2 months before taking action. In my case, I got invited to the MP's office where they handed me the form to be filled out and which was sent to IRCC.

Reactions: MOKI25 and inq_54

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
it just might be a co incidence. In I am past 13 months now and contacting MP have never helped me. and I know many people where MP inquiry was not sufficient. but I am glad in your case it worked :)
why it is taking long for your application? if Review required? For what?
what is current status of your medical and security?

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
it just might be a co incidence. In I am past 13 months now and contacting MP have never helped me. and I know many people where MP inquiry was not sufficient. but I am glad in your case it worked :)
why it is taking long for your application? if Review required? For what?
what is current status of your medical and security?
I really don't think it's a coincidence in my case, but unfortunately, we'll never know.

In my case, it's a (Belgian) police certificate (it's a document with three words that matter: "judiciaire casier néant"). On June 26 2018, some idiot thought it was necessary for this certificate to be reviewed. This caused a 12-month delay and will push my approval to 17 months in total.

Medical online says: you do not need a medical exam (it used to state I passed the exam but because it expired, it changed, I think). If they ask me to redo this, I am going back to Europe.
Security (from GCMS): not passed, but this was before criminality was approved. Online says: background check in progress.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I really don't think it's a coincidence in my case, but unfortunately, we'll never know.

In my case, it's a (Belgian) police certificate (it's a document with three words that matter: "judiciaire casier néant"). On June 26 2018, some idiot thought it was necessary for this certificate to be reviewed. This caused a 12-month delay and will push my approval to 17 months in total.

Medical online says: you do not need a medical exam (it used to state I passed the exam but because it expired, it changed, I think). If they ask me to redo this, I am going back to Europe.
Security (from GCMS): not passed, but this was before criminality was approved. Online says: background check in progress.
hm so MP enquiry might have triggered your case. I know it is a pain when smallest things gets you into review which results in delay. So your medical is expired, so are mine. In some cases for CEC, they extend it, for some they let it expire and ask for re meds at a later date. Why would you go back to Europe if re meds are requested? Dont you have any nearby physician?
unfortunately, till you are in review, they will not start security :( .. wait time buddy!

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
If they would request another medical exam, that would be the final straw and I would turn my back on Canada. I will be applying for my fourth (!) visitor document in August after four work permits. I'm fed up with IRCC and their lack of transparency and accountability.

Do you know in your case what is causing the delay?

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
so you are in visitor visa right now? I applied for BOWP near to my work permit expiration
I am in review required for a short 1 month job contract and that's it .. LOL

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
Yes, I have a visitor document, similar to the work permit (strictly speaking not a visa, I think).
These reviews are really messing up processing times...

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
may I ask why did you apply for visitor visa and not work permit extension?
I hope things get sorted out for you... really the reviews are longer

Bram82

Sep 29, 2018
I finished my project at the university of Montreal around the end of 2017. After, I started a job for a Belgian company. I am allowed to work in Canada because of the type of job it is (European Union regulation of medical diagnostic devices), which is completely unrelated to my being here and does not qualify as "work" under Canadian regulation. My current job was a welcome break from the pressured academic environment but around the time I should have gotten PR (Oct 2018), we published a big paper which could have relaunched my academic career. So you start thinking: let me just wait another month so that the PR is done and I can focus on finding that position with PR as a not insignificant factor to boost my chances in finding a job. Well, that never happened, and while I could have been more proactive, I simply did not have the energy to deal with job searching, PR insecurities and my current work all together.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I finished my project at the university of Montreal around the end of 2017. After, I started a job for a Belgian company. I am allowed to work in Canada because of the type of job it is (European Union regulation of medical diagnostic devices), which is completely unrelated to my being here and does not qualify as "work" under Canadian regulation. My current job was a welcome break from the pressured academic environment but around the time I should have gotten PR (Oct 2018), we published a big paper which could have relaunched my academic career. So you start thinking: let me just wait another month so that the PR is done and I can focus on finding that position with PR as a not insignificant factor to boost my chances in finding a job. Well, that never happened, and while I could have been more proactive, I simply did not have the energy to deal with job searching, PR insecurities and my current work all together.
I agree with you, with all this anxiety waiting for PR, everything seems falling. I hope we all get it soon :)