+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I move to Canada on a PNP from one province, can I visit another province for a few days for tour

Prie

Jan 14, 2019
If I move to Canada on a PNP from one province (for example: BC), can I visit another province (ex: Alberta) for a few days for tour. Staying and working in one province for few years to show intent is definitely possible, but will I bound by its borders even for travel/tourism purpose for a few days ? Or will it portray that one is trying to go against the guidelines. I did not find the answer to this question anywhere !

Reactions: littleturtle

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
There no restrictions travelling in Canada from province to province whether you are a Citizen, a PR or a temporary resident. You can drive or fly anywhere domestically within Canada without restriction and being PNP applicant makes no difference to this.

Reactions: davidfore

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
If I move to Canada on a PNP from one province (for example: BC), can I visit another province (ex: Alberta) for a few days for tour. Staying and working in one province for few years to show intent is definitely possible, but will I bound by its borders even for travel/tourism purpose for a few days ? Or will it portray that one is trying to go against the guidelines. I did not find the answer to this question anywhere !
You're not "bound" to the province that nominated you. Obviously you must show that you are staying true to your "intent to reside in X" for a couple years after nomination just to avoid potential misrepresentation issues, but there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to stay in your nominating province and not leave. Go for it!

Prie

Jan 14, 2019
There no restrictions travelling in Canada from province to province whether you are a Citizen, a PR or a temporary resident. You can drive or fly anywhere domestically within Canada without restriction and being PNP applicant makes no difference to this.
Thank you so much for clearing out the confusion ! :)

Prie

Jan 14, 2019
You're not "bound" to the province that nominated you. Obviously you must show that you are staying true to your "intent to reside in X" for a couple years after nomination just to avoid potential misrepresentation issues, but there's no hard and fast rule that says you have to stay in your nominating province and not leave. Go for it!
Thank you so much for clearing out the confusion ! :)