+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if i lose my job can i still aply for citizenship

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
it is the address and work place issue not the physical presence , I don't know if I should put 2011 or Aug. 2012 is enough i had difference answer so i am afraid to put the wrong one specially the question is different question . work / address / passport
Hi Zineb83,

Mr. X became PR in 2008, since PR is 8 years, 6years < 8years , he will put the recent period, in his case the recent period is 6 years.

Mr. Y became PR in 2012, since PR is 4 years, 4years< 6years, he will put the recent period, in his case the recent period is 4 years.

I hope this could help :)

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for Mr Rigly ,

if you read carefully my post i said i become PR in Aug 2012 NOT 2015 .

" It says it simple and clear on the application and members here have given you the answer you are looking for. But one more time: For both address and work it clearly states "... or since you became a permanent resident". So since you became PR in August 2015 for work and address you put your information from 2012-201 "

anyway thanks for your help .

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

i have an other question , in my old passport i have an temporary work permit from an other country that expired in 12/10/2011 before i came to Canada ( aug 2012)

so should i send a copy of this stamp visa in my application and translated since it is not in Eng or french ?

and should i bring criminal record from this country and add it to my application or not ?

please help

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
for Mr Rigly ,

if you read carefully my post i said i become PR in Aug 2012 NOT 2015 .

" It says it simple and clear on the application and members here have given you the answer you are looking for. But one more time: For both address and work it clearly states "... or since you became a permanent resident". So since you became PR in August 2015 for work and address you put your information from 2012-201 "

anyway thanks for your help .
It was a typo of mine and if you read carefully through my whole post I did put down 2012-2016 for your application.... Cheers

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i know thank you for helping me . have good day

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
hi,

i have an other question , in my old passport i have an temporary work permit from an other country that expired in 12/10/2011 before i came to Canada ( aug 2012)

so should i send a copy of this stamp visa in my application and translated since it is not in Eng or french ?

and should i bring criminal record from this country and add it to my application or not ?

please help

Hi Zineb83,

In your application , you will send just a copy of your biographical pages of you passport(s), which means just the 2 or three first pages that contain the passport number and your personal information "Name, Birthday, .......".

<<3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s). >>

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr rigly ,

what do you think i should do in this issues ?

so should i send a copy of this temporary visa stamp in my application and translated since it is not in Eng or french ?

please advise me

thanks

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok i see i dont need to send it with the application thanks

but do you think they will require this translation and criminal record on the day of the interview .

all the candidate pass by an interview or depend on every one case or all the applicants pass by an migration agent.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:

but do you think they will require this translation and criminal record on the day of the interview .

all the candidate pass by an interview or depend on every one case or all the applicants pass by an migration agent.
As, I know, the interview for everyone.
During the interview they ask just for the original of the photocopies that you have already sent.
If since you became a PR, you didn't spend more than 6 month in another country outside Canada, you don't need a criminal record from outside Canada.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a similar question.. if some get LTD long term disability leaves while having full time job and receiving monthly benefit from insurance company.
although he has the full time job and still employee of the company. it is necessary to to mention the LTD in the forms or send the documentation with the application or just mentioned the employment with the company is sufficient..

any similar situation or expert opinion.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:

During my interview the officer did look through ALL my passports (current and expired) and I also had stamp in non English. I did have translation of the stamp and officer was pleased. So I do believe in better safe then sorry I would recommend for you to have the translation done.
I did not submit a copy with my application as it only asks for biographical pages but I made sure I have it for the interview where you will present the whole passport.

For the criminal record check it asks only if you have been present in any other country for 6 months in the past four years - so if you haven't been outside of Canada in the last 4 years for 6 months (cumulative) then you do not need it.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regly ,

thanks a lot , any translator service in Montreal or i need a specific service , what do you think about the TEMPORARY WORK VISA I HAD 2011 it would be a problem or not ,

thanks again