+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If i get PR can i support my common in law?

hamchu

Sep 13, 2019
Hello All,

I have a question to ask,

I live with boyfriend in Canada on a work permit and I am trying to apply for PR soon. My Boyfriend on the other hand, does not have enough points to get PR.

My question is once i get PR can i support my boyfriend to apply for PR? or extend his work permit? As i know his company won't support him with work permit extention.

Thank you,

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hello All,

I have a question to ask,

I live with boyfriend in Canada on a work permit and I am trying to apply for PR soon. My Boyfriend on the other hand, does not have enough points to get PR.

My question is once i get PR can i support my boyfriend to apply for PR? or extend his work permit? As i know his company won't support him with work permit extention.

Thank you,
In case you are guys are currently living together for 12 months and you want to apply as common-law in future then don't forget to declare him as common-law in your PR application. If you will not declare him as your common-law now, then you won't be able to sponsor him ever, even after marrying him. Don't mention yourself as single in your PR application.