+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I get a medical done before ITA, will CIC let me know if there is a follow up required?

hmanso02

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
I know that it is unwise to do medicals before ITA, but given my circumstances time wise, I may have to do that. If I get the medicals done pre ITA, will I be told of any follow up medical checks also before the application submission? My main concern is time and I am sure that I will get a follow up request for TB which takes 3 months. Say if I get the medicals done on Jan 10, and the ITA on Jan 17th, will CIC let me know that I need a follow up before I can submit the app? The earliest I can submit an app is in March, because of other documents. Will I be informed of any anomalies before AOR?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Medicals are valid for 1 year and should be valid during submission. Getting it done before ITA will not effect.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I just got my medicals done on Friday, which was post ITA, but I could have done it pre-ITA. I brought my ITA letter because others have recommended bringing it, but the doctor's office said they would not need it. You do have to bring your application number (the one that begins with E0), but that number stays the same for your PR app as it was in your EE profile. Just be sure to tell them you need it for permanent residence, Express Entry, for work (as opposed to study or family). They told me that they will submit the results electronically to CIC in a week, and if there are any issues, they will call me before then. So yes, I believe you can do it pre-ITA, and you will be notified of any anomalies in under a week.

Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I just got my medicals done on Friday, which was post ITA, but I could have done it pre-ITA. I brought my ITA letter because others have recommended bringing it, but the doctor's office said they would not need it. You do have to bring your application number (the one that begins with E0), but that number stays the same for your PR app as it was in your EE profile. Just be sure to tell them you need it for permanent residence, Express Entry, for work (as opposed to study or family). They told me that they will submit the results electronically to CIC in a week, and if there are any issues, they will call me before then. So yes, I believe you can do it pre-ITA, and you will be notified of any anomalies in under a week.
Hi thanks for your post. I have a question I hope you can help with: received my ITA and planning to do my medicals. After we do the medicals, do we have to wait a number of days before we submit our application to ensure that the medicals is available? and do we get any sort of confirmation that medicals have been completed from the Doctor that we need to upload before we submit the application? please let me know, I appreciate any input on this. Thank you!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi thanks for your post. I have a question I hope you can help with: received my ITA and planning to do my medicals. After we do the medicals, do we have to wait a number of days before we submit our application to ensure that the medicals is available? and do we get any sort of confirmation that medicals have been completed from the Doctor that we need to upload before we submit the application? please let me know, I appreciate any input on this. Thank you!
Right after the medical exam, they give you an e-medical information sheet printout that you need to scan and upload to your PR application. Then you can submit. No need to wait.

Reactions: alexross

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Hello,

I am doing my PRE AOR most likely medical tests as I booked them for tomorrow, not sure if i will submit my application by that time... i guess that shouldn't be a problem..

Though i have a question... In my PR application as it's not submitted yet there is no "E" number. Should i use the one from Express Entry application that i received ITA from same as the one listed on the ITA letter? My understanding is that this number will be the same on my PR application later on. Can you confirm that?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello,

I am doing my PRE AOR most likely medical tests as I booked them for tomorrow, not sure if i will submit my application by that time... i guess that shouldn't be a problem..

Though i have a question... In my PR application as it's not submitted yet there is no "E" number. Should i use the one from Express Entry application that i received ITA from same as the one listed on the ITA letter? My understanding is that this number will be the same on my PR application later on. Can you confirm that?
The Express Entry Profile number that begins with an E followed by some 0s and other numbers will become your application number that will stay post AOR and get printed on your COPR. You don't need that number for the medical exam though. The doctor will ask if you have a UMI number which you won't as an EE applicant.