+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I am a PR but don't meet minimum income required per year, but have enough money on my account can I sponsor my brother and his wife?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
at any income?Why is that?If I would've earned enough why wouldn't I sponsor him, I am not sure I got what you mean
Because that’s the law . You have a spouse, so according to the law, you don’t qualify . There’s only a small window of opportunity to sponsor siblings , and it’s not open to you, regardless how much you’ve earned

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
at any income?Why is that?If I would've earned enough why wouldn't I sponsor him, I am not sure I got what you mean
You don't qualify to sponsor your brother because you are married. You would only qualify to sponsor your brother if you were single, had no children, both of your parents were deceased and you had no family in Canada (i.e. no aunts, uncles, etc.).

If your brother wishes to immigrate to Canada, he and his wife will have to qualify on their own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Your brother could only be sponsored under a very limited route. It's nicknamed Lonley Canadian.
So unless you are single or widowed and have no children and both of your parents are dead and have no other relatived in Canada., you may be able to sponsor your brother.

You are married and from your other post, your mother is still alive, so you cannot sponsor your brother.