+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If Canadian PR, then still Indian Citizen

yuvi1029

Jun 15, 2021
I want to know, if i get PR in Canada, then still i will be Indian Citizen?
Can i do job in India after Canada PR?
I want to know about it because carrier in which i want to proceed requires a lot of money in India, after arranging money on work permit and after PR, can i move back to india start taking training in India. If in case i do not get job in india, then there will be option of coming back to canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to know, if i get PR in Canada, then still i will be Indian Citizen?
Can i do job in India after Canada PR?
I want to know about it because carrier in which i want to proceed requires a lot of money in India, after arranging money on work permit and after PR, can i move back to india start taking training in India. If in case i do not get job in india, then there will be option of coming back to canada.
What's the point of getting Canadian PR then? Once you became PR, you need to maintain residency obligation by physically living in Canada for 730 days in 5 years period or you can lose the status.

yuvi1029

Jun 15, 2021
What's the point of getting Canadian PR then? Once you became PR, you need to maintain residency obligation by physically living in Canada for 730 days in 5 years period or you can lose the status.
I have another mindset, but asking seriously, can i work in india after Canada PR

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Will i be holding Indian citizenship too?
What if i live in india forever for doing job after PR, will i lose Canadian PR?
1. No, read steaky post above, you must reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.

yuvi1029

Jun 15, 2021
Thanku very much because i was afraid because the profession that i want to take takes time to become in canada but in india we can do anytime but that requires a lot of money.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Will i be holding Indian citizenship too?
What if i live in india forever for doing job after PR, will i lose Canadian PR?
Answering your second question: YES you will lose Canadian PR if you DO NOT live in Canada. There is a RO that others have pointed out. (2 years out of 5 years once you landed in Canada as a PR) If you do not meet the RO, you may lose your PR.

Reactions: bellaluna