+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IETLS Code for applying

Koguiking

Feb 15, 2018
Hello!

I am helping a friend but she has not received the ielts official scoring letter, when I was doing my process here, someone posted how you could "deduce" the code in your IELT's as it's a combination of the code of the country, place you applied, and you code number. Someone perhaps has this information and is willing to share? It will help lots!

(IELT's stopped sending results in this country, so we could overcome this hurdle, and as inmigration only needs the code ... :) )

Thanks a lot!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
The format is
LAST TWO DIGITS OF THE YEAR OF EXAM - COUNTRY CODE - CANDIDATE NUMBER - FIRST 3 CHARACTERS OF LAST NAME - FIRST CHARACTER OF GIVEN NAME - CENTER CODE - G or A (A is for Academics and G for General Training)

Example
19IN002222DOEJ101G

Assuming the candidate name is JOHN DOE, 101 is the centre code, 002222 is the candidate number and IN is the country code.

HOWEVER, I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS TRICK. I RECOMMEND THAT SHE WAITS FOR HER TRF.

Koguiking

Feb 15, 2018
Thanks very much for your prompt response!

Why would there be an issue? she has her results online and everything is online, I think the paper is only for her records as it's not required in the process at all. Am I missing something?

Thanks again! - I did my process in 2017

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks very much for your prompt response!

Why would there be an issue? she has her results online and everything is online, I think the paper is only for her records as it's not required in the process at all. Am I missing something?

Thanks again! - I did my process in 2017

What if they change the TRF format? If they have, she would be in a pickle.

dexco

May 13, 2020
When I got my IELTS results online, it actually showed my report number on the website in the bottom right corner, in the format that @dotslash227 specified above. She might want to check again and see if she sees it there, just in case the format has changed.