IELTS

shaider

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

If I have Master's degree in English from United Kingdom. Do I still need IELTS for FSW Cat 1 from United Kingdom.

Thanks

shaider

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the basic reason for that, even though I have my education in English.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Its a compulsory requirement. Irrespective of education or country etc..

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Yes, requirement of Ielts has been made MANDATORY for all. Even if you're born in a country where English is the first language, u still have to pass Ielts to qualify for Canadian immigration.

shaider said:
Hi,

If I have Master's degree in English from United Kingdom. Do I still need IELTS for FSW Cat 1 from United Kingdom.

Thanks

shaider

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so what about my FSW application which i sent without IELTS.
It got approved & they issued me the London File # as well :S

i am so confussed now :S
actually someone told me that i dont need it :(

what to do now???? pleaseeeeeeeeee

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaider said:
so what about my FSW application which i sent without IELTS.
It got approved & they issued me the London File # as well :S

i am so confussed now :S
actually someone told me that i dont need it :(

what to do now???? pleaseeeeeeeeee
When did you apply for FSW? IELTS was not mandatory till 10th April 2010.....so if you applied before 10th April, VO might ask for IELTS if he is not satisfied with the evidence he has on file; but if you are post June 2010 applicant, then, there has been an error at CIO and most likely be refused at VO stage. If your file is at VO (Check Ecas status) then send IELTS result ASAP.

Mitali

shaider

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
When did you apply for FSW? IELTS was not mandatory till 10th April 2010.....so if you applied before 10th April, VO might ask for IELTS if he is not satisfied with the evidence he has on file; but if you are post June 2010 applicant, then, there has been an error at CIO and most likely be refused at VO stage. If your file is at VO (Check Ecas status) then send IELTS result ASAP.

Mitali
I sent my first application ( the initial application) on April 2010, I got reply in August 2011 to sent full file with all the documents and I sent my full file in Dec 2010. On April 2011 I received a letter that they have received my documents and they are in process....

if IELTS was mandatory then why they accept my file at the first place????

please tell me now what to do ????
do you know any consultant who can help on this issue in UK.

thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaider said:
I sent my first application ( the initial application) on April 2010, I got reply in August 2011 to sent full file with all the documents and I sent my full file in Dec 2010. On April 2011 I received a letter that they have received my documents and they are in process....

if IELTS was mandatory then why they accept my file at the first place????

please tell me now what to do ????
do you know any consultant who can help on this issue in UK.

thanks
I am just answering the following question, I have replied to your PM for the rest of your query:

"if IELTS was mandatory then why they accept my file at the first place????"

The onus is ALWAYS ON the CANDIDATE" to apprise himself regarding the RULES of Immigration as posted on the CIC website. If you would have checked the website then, you would have known that the files without IELTS would still be accepted by CIC but the decision would SOLELY be at the DISCRETION of the VO.

So, if the VO were to assess a file that he received after 10th April 2010 (in your case December 2010 with full docs), he would know that the applicant IS aware of the recent RULES and thus would treat the file according to the rules of that time. And he has the FULL right to deny an application if he feels that enough proofs (English proficiency in your case) have NOT been provided. We cannot blame the VO for our fault.

However, since your file is "In Process" you can not mail any additional docs to VO as they will not be accepted.

I hope you get your Meds soon.

Mitali