Writing 5.5
Speaking 7.0
Overall 6.0
I want to know is this sufficient for the visa purpose
The college requires 5.0 upwards

helloboy

Star Member
May 17, 2019
If you want to apply through SDS it's not enough. I heard SDS requires at least minimum band of 6.5. But trough general application it's possible to apply with this kind of score. Some people applied with only toefl 80 scores. Which is same as a 5.5-6 in Ielts. But you need to convince the IRCC. If you are in programs like Business Management and your writing,reading score is in area 5.0-5.5 they will certainly refuse. But for a best result you should at least increase your reading score. Which is easiest part of the test.

Shirazmh

Jun 14, 2019
If you want to apply through SDS it's not enough. I heard SDS requires at least minimum band of 6.5. But trough general application it's possible to apply with this kind of score. Some people applied with only toefl 80 scores. Which is same as a 5.5-6 in Ielts. But you need to convince the IRCC. If you are in programs like Business Management and your writing,reading score is in area 5.0-5.5 they will certainly refuse. But for a best result you should at least increase your reading score. Which is easiest part of the test.

Shirazmh

Jun 14, 2019
Hi,
Does it effect with the college requirements. If the college requires each band 5.0 and overall 5.5
Can we proceed with the same results for the visa

Oct 16, 2018
Hi,
Does it effect with the college requirements. If the college requires each band 5.0 and overall 5.5
Can we proceed with the same results for the visa
Rules have been changed and 95% of colleges require 6 above on each module and 6.5 overall except for few programs and there is a high probability of getting rejected due to having score below 6