+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts Writing Result inquiry- Chance of increasing the score

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Gents,

What is success of having an inquiry with British council. My writing score was 6.5 and I really need 7 to have CLB 9...

It is so sad that if they do not re-assess and update my mark I will need to do the test again.

Regards,

Tevfik

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliveli33 said:
Gents,

What is success of having an inquiry with British council. My writing score was 6.5 and I really need 7 to have CLB 9...

It is so sad that if they do not re-assess and update my mark I will need to do the test again.

Regards,

Tevfik
Very unlikely that you'll see a change in your score - best way is to take the test again

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Is your comment based on your own experience? Quick search in google shows several writing scores were re-marked as 7 from 6.5...I am sure more than that number scores remained same... Will try and see...It is very disappointing that my CRS score would have been 464 with just 0.5 higher with writing...

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliveli33 said:
Thanks for your reply. Is your comment based on your own experience? Quick search in google shows several writing scores were re-marked as 7 from 6.5...I am sure more than that number scores remained same... Will try and see...It is very disappointing that my CRS score would have been 464 with just 0.5 higher with writing...
My comment is based on reading past member's experience during the 4 years that I've been involved with this forum - I've seen less than a hand-full of cases where the scores actually were changed.

You can try it - but it takes a while to process it

Mrs_Boss

Oct 22, 2015
Did u do the remark? I got a 6.5 in writing and want to do a remark for it to be increased to a 7 and wanted to know what are the chances that might happen

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't mind spending money and can wait for 10-12 weeks then go for remark.

Dec 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
aliveli33 said:
Gents,

Regards,

Tevfik

How did you do on the other subtests? I read somewhere that if there is a great gap between bandscores (ex: 9 in listening and 6.5 in speaking) that they automatically recheck the scores.