+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Writing Part 2...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So, I am a native English speaker and have my IELTS booked for the 17th of August. I am fairly confident on the Listening, Reading and Speaking sections but my Achilles heel has always been essay writing.

I am someone who has a mental blindspot when it comes to writing about things that are of 0 interest to me. At best I find I write a succinct response that often falls well short of the required word length!

My investigations around the CLB and the IELTS overall suggest that even if I get a low mark on the Written part, as long as I'm scoring up in the 8 - 8.5 in the rest I should be fine.

I've always hated writing essays; it's a skill that never stuck in me. Critical Writing is an art and while I can certainly be verbose it's generally only in conjunction with things that interest me...

Wish me luck...

Reactions: ammad88

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
You write fairly good. Best of luck. You have plenty of time to familiarise yourself with the ielts writing section.
I will be appearing for the 20th July computer based test this time. I hope to nail it this time.