+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Writing Feedback

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
Hello all

I am an ESL teacher and IELTS examiner. I am looking to mark people's answers to IELTS sample questions--Feedback based on IELTS writing band descriptors and grammar correction--just email them to info@ieltshelponline.com. I have done this for my own students for years and am now trying to reach people online. There is NO COST--BUT you will have to do the work--write an answer and scan it, or type one up (not as useful with spellcheck).

The best way to improve your writing is to practice, and to make sure that you are meeting the criteria in all 4 categories. Otherwise your score will be limited to a low band score in some areas, no matter what you have written.

Any questions, please ask--thanks!

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dalmarc,

I wrote IELTS 3 times hoping to secure 7 band in each module but every time I am falling 0.5 short , and in the recent test I scored well on all the modules except writing to so I am planing to write a letter to re-veiw my IELTS Results.

I have sent an email to your personal email , please have a look and help me in this regard.

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks for that!

I have read your paper, and sent it back to you corrected with feedback based on the IELTS Writing Criteria http://www.ielts.org/pdf/UOBDs_WritingT1.pdf

Common errors include: task 1 letter is too long/short (minimum 150 words)
check word choice/word formation to introduce high level vocabulary that fits what you are trying to say

A great job,please check my blog for more tips

http://ieltshelponline.com/blog/

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
dalmarc said:
Hello all

I am an ESL teacher and IELTS examiner. I am looking to mark people's answers to IELTS sample questions--Feedback based on IELTS writing band descriptors and grammar correction--just email them to info@ieltshelponline.com. I have done this for my own students for years and am now trying to reach people online. There is NO COST--BUT you will have to do the work--write an answer and scan it, or type one up (not as useful with spellcheck).

The best way to improve your writing is to practice, and to make sure that you are meeting the criteria in all 4 categories. Otherwise your score will be limited to a low band score in some areas, no matter what you have written.

Great, your are doing a wonderful job man

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
by the way, i like the zigzag after getting the basic idear behind :)

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks nickarter84!

My experience has been that people love talking about IELTS and reading about IELTS, but when faced with the opportunity to do some work (their own writing), many people don't take advantage....I've seen so many papers that could score higher with a bit of informed advice.

Thanks again!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
dalmarc said:
Thanks nickarter84!

My experience has been that people love talking about IELTS and reading about IELTS, but when faced with the opportunity to do some work (their own writing), many people don't take advantage....I've seen so many papers that could score higher with a bit of informed advice.

Thanks again!

Exactly, you are write.

Thumbs up for you

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are doing a great job!!! Thanking you so much!!

I am planning to take the test on 7th Nov. and would like get my writing evaluation.

Could you kindly provide me with a topic on which I shall write/type and send it across to you for scanning??

Thanks once again.

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello,

Is there any harm in exceeding the word limits significantly, especially in the task-1.
I tried some mocks and I am reaching around 250 words (instead of 150) even after how much ever I consciously try to keep my response terse.

Is there any negative impact on the score for too long response?

P.S. I am not worried much about timing as even after writing around 250 words in task-1, I am able to complete writing section within an hour comfortably.

Thanks!!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
AgentC said:
Hello,

Is there any harm in exceeding the word limits significantly, especially in the task-1.
I tried some mocks and I am reaching around 250 words (instead of 150) even after how much ever I consciously try to keep my response terse.

P.S. I am not worried much about timing as even after writing around 250 words in task-1, I am able to complete writing section within an hour comfortably.

Thanks!!
chances of mistakes are more, if you exceed the limit.

ideally, you shouldn't write more than 160-170 words in task-1
and 260-275 words in task-2

aditya24786

Sep 10, 2015
dalmarc said:
Hello all

Hi,
Have sent you two mails yesterday with my task 1 & task 2 writings, request you to kindly have a look and provide your feedback,
I have my IELTS exam on 7th Nov and need a 7 minimum in writing section.

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
letstry said:
You are doing a great job!!! Thanking you so much!!

I am planning to take the test on 7th Nov. and would like get my writing evaluation.

Could you kindly provide me with a topic on which I shall write/type and send it across to you for scanning??

Thanks once again.
Hi letstry--Are you writing Academic or General Training?

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
AgentC said:
Hello,

Thanks!!
Yes-nickarter is exactly right--170 would be about the maximum.

And the issue here is that an examiner is likely not going to mark more that 200 words--which leaves you in a situation of having no closing/missing your third bullet point in the letter--or your data/trends or overview in the graph analysis. This would lead to a low grade on Task Achievement in terms of missing format or missing details on bullet points/no data.

If you are writing 250 words for task 1, check that you are not repeating yourself. Also look at your sentence structure, to see if you are using too many small words, instead of more detailed vocabulary.

There are a lot of advantages of living abroad, such as the ability to speak in another language.
Living abroad provides many advantages, including becoming bilingual.

Hope this helps

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
dalmarc said:
Yes-nickarter is exactly right--170 would be about the maximum.

And the issue here is that an examiner is likely not going to mark more that 200 words--which leaves you in a situation of having no closing/missing your third bullet point in the letter--or your data/trends or overview in the graph analysis. This would lead to a low grade on Task Achievement in terms of missing format or missing details on bullet points/no data.

If you are writing 250 words for task 1, check that you are not repeating yourself. Also look at your sentence structure, to see if you are using too many small words, instead of more detailed vocabulary.

There are a lot of advantages of living abroad, such as the ability to speak in another language.
Living abroad provides many advantages, including becoming bilingual.

Hope this helps

Good Job
+1

olammy

May 10, 2013
Am glad when I saw this, that you help to mark and correct errors regarding to Ielts. Pls I have done Ielts twice with total band score if 6.0. The result if the last one is this R6.0,L 5.0, W5.0,&S7.0. Pls I need help to score high. Kindly help me with tips. And things I need to do to score high. My email I'd is (lamex4u2006 @yahoo.com)-