+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS with AEO or British Council?

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
a cousin of mine want to take ielts but he has no idea as to which of the above bodies he should go with......Some says AEO is easier but dont give good bands and BC is difficult but can secure a good band however some says things the other way round.....plz comment

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
stmani said:
a cousin of mine want to take ielts but he has no idea as to which of the above bodies he should go with......Some says AEO is easier but dont give good bands and BC is difficult but can secure a good band however some says things the other way round.....plz comment
test is the same who administers it does not matter. there is no difference in the test. the difference is the test center.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
i took a test with aeo...i kind of felt that...interviewer was quite helpful... in easing your nervousness etc u performed to ur best and that would reflect in your score...so i would say go for AEO....their test arrangements are also top notch and professional....

usmantanvirbutt

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London / islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-2010
stmani said:
there is no difference between AEO and british council IELTS. AEO and British Council are only bodies that arrange for the test to be taken, the test is prepared by and checked by a different body. AEO and british council neither make the test nor do they check it. But i would suggest AEO as there services are better.

Ansabwaseem

May 18, 2018
Go for AEO .. BC sucks.. i appeared 3 times
Nov 17 LSRW 7.5/7/7/7
Apr 18 LSRW 9/7.5/8/6 EOR no change
Jun 18 LSRW 9/7.5/7.5/6

I was pissed off so I went to speaking center for general information and waited there in the cafeteria so i could speak to one of the examiners during their break.. luckily i was able to grab one .. i told him my case .. the situation.. money i have spent ..EOR etc.. i told him how much stressed i am and asked him to advice... its his words of advice not appear in BC IELTS again.. he was ready to bet that if i again appear i would not get better in writing as it is scanned and sent to UK for checking to cheap markers that save them cost and are instructed to keep the writing bands as low as possible... Also in future they say all four modules are going to be computer based.. he said we had been instructed to increase revenue and decrease cost..and instructed to increase the number of reattempts and EORs and appeals... he instructed me not to take BC again and go for AEO or CELPIP.. he said these instructions came in 2018 also said sorry for the reattempts and cost but that is what our employer has instructed and i dont feel good about it...

I will advice not to appear with BC and go for AEO... its my personal experience,discussion and lessons i learnt after appearing thrice with BC.Best of Luck