+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS validity question and confusion

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
Does IELTS need to be valid when you submit your profile (i.e. receive AOR) or does it need to be valid when you receive Invitation to Apply (ITA)?

I thought IELTS only need to be valid when you submit your profile / receive AOR, and they are "locked" at that time. So even if it expires after that, it shouldn't matter? So when I receive ITA, if the IELTS is expired, it shouldn't matter because it was valid when I received AOR?

Or am I mistaken? Does it have to be valid even during ITA?

Suppose I submit my profile on 1st April, and get AOR immediately. Suppose my IELTS expire on 15th April, and suppose I receive ITA on 1st May (just saying). Will this work because my IELTS was valid when I submitted my profile, or will this not work because it expired before ITA?

Please clarify urgently.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
If I remember it correctly, your language score must be valid by the date you received ITA.

If your IELTS score has expired prior to your ITA, you need to decline your ITA since they won't process your application when you submit everything.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If I remember it correctly, your language score must be valid by the date you received ITA.

If your IELTS score has expired prior to your ITA, you need to decline your ITA since they won't process your application when you submit everything.
No, IELTS should be valid till you get your AOR.

Reactions: Naturgrl

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Also, no need to decline the ITA way before the 60 day deadline. he/she/they can simply give IELTS again and get the score in the same time. Unless he/she/they can't make the CRS cutoff, then and only then they should decline the ITA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does IELTS need to be valid when you submit your profile (i.e. receive AOR) or does it need to be valid when you receive Invitation to Apply (ITA)?

I thought IELTS only need to be valid when you submit your profile / receive AOR, and they are "locked" at that time. So even if it expires after that, it shouldn't matter? So when I receive ITA, if the IELTS is expired, it shouldn't matter because it was valid when I received AOR?

Or am I mistaken? Does it have to be valid even during ITA?

Suppose I submit my profile on 1st April, and get AOR immediately. Suppose my IELTS expire on 15th April, and suppose I receive ITA on 1st May (just saying). Will this work because my IELTS was valid when I submitted my profile, or will this not work because it expired before ITA?

Please clarify urgently.
Submit profile is not the same as AOR. You will not get AOR immediately.