+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Tutor - Ask Me Anything

Souvenir81

Aug 1, 2017
Dear Jordon
It's really nice of you to offer help for those preparing for IELTS. I am preparing myself for an IELTS general exam in 2-3 months. I have just had an academic one in 2011 with all bands almost 7. I am more or less in the same level as my major is also translation studies. I need to get IELTS general score 8 most importantly for listening in which I am normally weaker than the other skills. What do you recommend me for a fast track preparation? Any source or package? Thanks in advance.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi,

My name is Jordan and I'm an IELTS tutor from the UK who has taught in Canada.

I'm happy to help any students here on the forum with their studies. If you have any questions about:

• The IELTS exam
  • How to book an exam
  • Practice papers
  • ANYTHING related to IELTS
Then please let me know and I'll be happy to help answer all of your questions.

I hope to speak to you all soon :)

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for all the clarifications. I've heard and read that general ielts is easier than academic, but I was looking for major differences between the two. Can you clarify? P.S previously I took academic, about 6 years ago.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Hi Jordan

I want to improve my score in writing. Can you please evaluate below essay and let me know how much this can help me score?

Topic: Labour-saving devices such as dishwashers and communication tools such as computers are supposed to make our lives easier. However, some people argue that these devices only make them more difficult.Does modern technology reduce or increase stress?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Over the last few decades, technology has advanced in the field of education, communication and various other fields. A number of devices have been introduced in our lives with the intention of reducing the manual effort. However, some people think that introduction of these devices has led to more difficulties. I strongly disagree with this opinion and I believe that these devices will help us immensely to reduce stress in our lives.

Some people have this opinion that if they will use labour saving devices then it would lead to more obstructions rather than making their work easy. This may be because they are new to such devices and are not aware of how to use them appropriately. They have the mind set of doing their chores manually, as they are used to it from a long time and are comfortable with it. When suddenly new devices are introduced to do the same work, they are reluctant to adapt and even if they do adapt, they are not able to use them properly because of lack of interest.

I believe if we learn to use these labour saving devices, then it can make our life easier. Use of such devices will involve less manual effort, and moreover the work would be finished in a short time with superior quality. Ultimately, we would feel more relaxed and stress free. We can use the saved time in other activities. For instance, washing machine can be used to wash dirty clothes with less time and effort. While washing machine is washing clothes, other activities which need more attention can be considered.

In conclusion, technology has invented devices to help us reduce manual effort and make our lives easier. We can leverage the benefits of labour saving devices only if we learn to use them appropriately.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
I appeared on the 3rd Aug, 2017 IELTS exam, I have a specific query for the writing section. There were two sheets given one for the Task 1 and another for task 2. I mistakenly attempted the Task 1 Letter on task 2 sheet and only realized it when I was done with it, so UNDO was out of question due to the time constraints.
I intimated the invigilator and she stapled the Task 1 sheet with it and said its ok u can move on with the Task 2.

Is it all OKAY as per the SOP of IELTS or will I loose some points. P.S Writing went well overall.