+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts test taking in canada vs india

manigopal

Aug 25, 2012
Hi,
I am Indian(in canada) want to write ielts because I want change from college to university.

my doubt is
1) Scoring difference in canada vs india I mean in writing and speaking.
2)What is difference in writing and speaking,can I get same score in with same perfomance in canda

guys reply me

samir304

Dec 20, 2011
it will difference of .5 band in india where assessment is minor liberal so u can get some unexpected advantage over there.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manigopal said:
Hi,
I am Indian(in canada) want to write ielts because I want change from college to university.

my doubt is
1) Scoring difference in canada vs india I mean in writing and speaking.
2)What is difference in writing and speaking,can I get same score in with same perfomance in canda

guys reply me
i believe the scoring wouldn't be that big of a difference. however, there could be a difference in registration fees in Canada v.s. India

vyasd

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP score submitted with application
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Agree with Johnny31. Don't think scoring would be that different.

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11
I am just trying tell you something for you,that currently, some of my friends who appeared for the IELTS exam here in canada didnot find much difference in the pattern or scoring difference, however, you will be put on public speaker rather than head phones for listening module,others are same as India. and then, 2 different days as one day for speaking and another day for other modules,but you can request to make it as one on the same day if you wish too.some more benefits like upto 5 copies of results are free without extra cost.
To me its best to write here in canada which is cost effective and at the same time you have the exact english environment for your advantage.but,its up to you to decide... all the best.

Thanks
Rekha

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Rekha Arun said:
I am just trying tell you something for you,that currently, some of my friends who appeared for the IELTS exam here in canada didnot find much difference in the pattern or scoring difference, however, you will be put on public speaker rather than head phones for listening module,others are same as India. and then, 2 different days as one day for speaking and another day for other modules,but you can request to make it as one on the same day if you wish too.some more benefits like upto 5 copies of results are free without extra cost.
To me its best to write here in canada which is cost effective and at the same time you have the exact english environment for your advantage.but,its up to you to decide... all the best.

Thanks
Rekha
I gave IELTS exam in India last year and as per CRS currently scoring 92 out of 128 max points. I would like to give test again in Canada but lets say my score drops so can I show Indian result which is still valid (upto 2 years) or will it be overidden by new score which is less (in canada).
I am just scared to take a risk. Please let me know

pkkalras

Apr 27, 2015
canada
There is no difference in writing IELTS test in India or Canada or any country in the world. These are rumors.Mostly students find it better in Canada because it is cost effective and saves time.