+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts test in Pakistan information required

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
I have to test on 30-oct-2010 at Faisalabad, Pakistan. I want following information from seniors:-

1-Is all modules of reading, listening, speaking and reading occur on same day or there is different date for speaking. If yes then how many days gap occurs. Does speaking test happens at last?
2-I have some poor listening problem. Do center will raise the voice volume for only me or not? Can I request to raise the tape recorder volume?
3-On which medium writing module happens e.g on a paper or on computer program like Microsoft office?
4- If written module is on paper then can we proof read our written tasks and correct any mistakes? If we can then what will be the impression of cuttings on paper.
5-If we choose a wrong answer then will it give -ve marks or it will be counted only zero marks
6-Are three papers of listening, writing and reading handed once collectively or these are handed after finish of each module test.
7-How much we have time to read listening paper before the tape recorder is played.

I shall be very thankful for the information.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took ielts tests with AEO, Pakistan. wwww.aeo.com.pk

1 - speaking will occur by next day or after next day. Other section will occur on the same test date.

2. They will do volume check before playing the test CD so the you can raise your hand and inform the invigilator about the level of volume. Listening will play on speakers...volume level will be the same for all students.

3. on paper (they will provide a piece of paper). And, you can write your stuff with a pencil. U will be given a choice between a pen or pencil only for this section.

4. Use pencil and remove your mistakes with an eraser/rubber. There should not be a need of cuttings...keep things need and clean.

5. Zero marks even if the answer is correct but your spell it wrong. (e.g in the conversation the speaker spells out CLIFFTON and then you write CLIFTON.) you will get zero marks.

6. Individually. You will get a separate answer/question papers for each section.

7. None. You will open your booklet when they put the cd on the recorder and say start now. A sample recording will be played in the beginning...you can read your questions now and mark down valuable information on the question booklet.
Again, 30 seconds will be given for a having a look at the question...after each set of questions...there will be given 30 seconds

you have got to practice raedng them quickly and mark important info. All this will be done on your question paper. After that, 10 minutes will be given for transferring your answers to a answer sheet. For reading, you have to trasnfer your answers on teh answer sheet while answring your question, no extra time will be given for transfrring yoiur answers.

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
Thank you , Asad

1-I have decided to used lead pencil. Do they provide lead pencil and rubber or you have use yours own?

2- In listening module 30 seconds recording delay is given for a set of questions. Like if there are three listening recordings then there will be 30s delay between each other so we can read questions for that section. Am I rightly understand?

3-For writing where we can draw an essay sketch? on back of question paper or a separte paper is provided for rough work.

4-Do you know about some good quality essays, letter and speaking practice material ? Kindly give some link.

5- Is reading module of all sections is provided as a whole so that we can we solve any reading section first or save time on one section and spend it on other reading section?

6- Similarly we are given full one hour to deal any writing task first. Isn,t it?

7- How many days before we get testing schedule ?

Again thanks for your already provided information

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you , Asad

1-I have decided to used lead pencil. Do they provide lead pencil and rubber or you have use yours own?

Yes, they provide. However, It is advisable that you must take your own eraser/pencil/pen. AEO had provided them in my last test but you must take them on your own.

2- In listening module 30 seconds recording delay is given for a set of questions. Like if there are three listening recordings then there will be 30s delay between each other so we can read questions for that section. Am I rightly understand?

Right. You got it. You are on the right track. If you take a practice test from cambridge books, you will be used to the real test format. Real test is just like from those in the books. You can donwload a book online and take a practice test.

3-For writing where we can draw an essay sketch? on back of question paper or a separte paper is provided for rough work.

on question paper/ There is enough space on it.

4-Do you know about some good quality essays, letter and speaking practice material ? Kindly give some link.

search ielts essays or speaking topics on youtube.

5- Is reading module of all sections is provided as a whole so that we can we solve any reading section first or save time on one section and spend it on other reading section?
you will have to read three passages and answer questions in one hour. You can start from any passage in any order. You can start answering questions in the third passage first and then in first passage and then in 2nd passage but you will have to complete all 40 questions in one hour/60 minutes.

6- Similarly we are given full one hour to deal any writing task first. Isn,t it?

You will have to do both task1 and task 2 in one hour. it does not matter how much time u spend on completing each task. you can do task2 first and then task 1 or vice versa. it does not matter
7- How many days before we get testing schedule ?

you can register for your test atleast 2 weeks in advance. more earlier the better
Again thanks for your already provided information