+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Test 25th March 2017

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
darkven91 said:
Got my results LRWS 8 9 6.5 8.5
BC Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

I received an email today early morning notifying me that my results had been released.
How could someone get only 6.5 in writing while he earns 8.5 in speaking. Unbelievable

darkven91

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
NOC Code......
mkcan said:
Thanks. Did you practice the Academic passages to ?
No just the general training parts, I skipped anything with academic on it.

qgon123 said:
How could someone get only 6.5 in writing while he earns 8.5 in speaking. Unbelievable
I have no idea why, I read passages with scores of 7.5 and so and I couldn't find any difference between the way I write things... However, I'm suspecting it's related to word count. I do make sure I calculate no. of words by avg. no. of words in each like but I'm always near the limit for both tasks one and two. Perhaps I should exceed the limit and practice on mock answer sheets.

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
darkven91 said:
No just the general training parts, I skipped anything with academic on it.

I have no idea why, I read passages with scores of 7.5 and so and I couldn't find any difference between the way I write things... However, I'm suspecting it's related to word count. I do make sure I calculate no. of words by avg. no. of words in each like but I'm always near the limit for both tasks one and two. Perhaps I should exceed the limit and practice on mock answer sheets.
i think structure is very important which most of the people who have good command in english lose marks on.
also utilizing cohesion and cohesive devices well will certainly raise up your marks.
we never pay attention to these things in our daily email or forum writings, so you have to prepare for it well.

darkven91

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
NOC Code......
smalkawi said:
i think structure is very important which most of the people who have good command in english lose marks on.
also utilizing cohesion and cohesive devices well will certainly raise up your marks.
we never pay attention to these things in our daily email or forum writings, so you have to prepare for it well.
Actually I'm suspecting word limit penalty... because I counted my first three lines in task two and they always had 7 words and I wrote 36 lines so that's 252... I didn't count each word due to time limit... I must practice word limit among other things to increase my score.