+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Sep 30 Key

Talk2jt

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello Everyone again. For the reading, I will only be posting the first and last part. The Auckland bus system and The Map. Remember I stand to be corrected. I am just posting it as I answered it.

ACCESS TO BUS --- This was for the paragraph that talked about entering from the front door, wheel chair users entering through the front door etc.

WHAT BUS STOP TO USE --- This paragraph talked about bus signs everywhere with information. Where buses get off and routes buses pass.

PLANNING FOR THE TRIP AHEAD --- This was for the first Paragraph were they talked about calling. Can't remember really but it was Paragraph A.

SHOWING YOU WANT TO GET ON THE BUS --- This was the paragraph that talked about staying on the curb and waving your hand to signal to the driver.

WANT TO EXIT THE BUS --- This talked about letting the driver know ahead so that he can safely park or something, can't remember. Also talked about using an handle and pressing a button.

CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PASSENGERS --- This was the part that said when you go in, you either sit on the first dear or walk right down because other people are queuing to enter.

PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP --- This was the part that talked about having your money ready, if you would be given a change. Having an ID if you are entitled to a discount etc.

LAST SECTION: 1

The part of mapping development used to solve a incurring natural issue. Can't remember but the answer was THE PART THAT TALKED ABOUT THE ANNUAL FLOODING AND USING MAPPING TO LOCATE PROPERTIES.

The part that talked about a book that was forgotten and later used to solve a lot of problems or something like that the answer to that IS THE PASSAGE THAY TALKED ABOUT 2 WRITTERS AND THEN THEY SAID THE LATTER WHICH IS PYBLEO CAN'T REMEMBER WROTE A BOOK.

The question of using religious belief to solve something, can't remember. The answer was that part they talked about the middle ages, that's the only place they talked about religion. Not so sure.

The idea that the earth was flat. I CHOSE THE PART WHERE THEY TALKED ABOUT THE EARTH BEING FLAT AT FIRST AND LATER SPHERE. THEN SOMEONE CALCULATED THE CIRCUMFERENCE.

THE LAST PART

Widespread of mapping of properties. TRUE. Remember after they talked about it they also said similar methods were used in the West and East or so. Can't remember.

The Egyptians and the first map we have. FALSE. The first known map was recorded by the Babylonians.

The Egyptians were the first to build a road map. NOT GIVEN. They only told us they had one of the best designs.

The part on the Dutch and fun and so. TRUE. In the PASSAGE they referred to them as people from Netherlands.

The part that an name starting with S wrote a book. Answer is FALSE. Remember when they gave the 2 names, they said the latter wrote the book which was the second name that started with P.

The last part of sea port charts being the reason why America was discovered. NOT GIVEN. I am not sure of this part, I chose that because the passage said the first map saw America but referring to the south American continent.

The part I was confused was the part of sending parcel. In the passage they said they only accept to send parcels less than $1500. The question now asked what was the maximum amount that can be send. I CHOSE $1499. I'm? Only confused cuz I heard the answers have to be from the text and we shouldn't change it. But if they say they only send less than $1500 Then the highest has to be $1499. Let me know what you guys put in this question

Reactions: kartheek89

AraAra

Jul 9, 2017
Great memory
For 31 it was increase in distances but since far regions was already there, increase is also probable answer.
35 i got confused between races and cultures.
Thanks
Maybe you're right, but it could be potential though....

Yes, the 4th section was tricky one... As for cultures, it was about marketing on their own language.. I suppose so..

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Can anyone share the multiple choice questions wrt Julie n Mike conversation
I chose
She learnt not to.read out questions
Informality of article
Site was difficult to use
Julie was the ideal person

AraAra

Jul 9, 2017
The last part of sea port charts being the reason why America was discovered. NOT GIVEN. I am not sure of this part, I chose that because the passage said the first map saw America but referring to the south American continent.

The part I was confused was the part of sending parcel. In the passage they said they only accept to send parcels less than $1500. The question now asked what was the maximum amount that can be send. I CHOSE $1499. I'm? Only confused cuz I heard the answers have to be from the text and we shouldn't change it. But if they say they only send less than $1500 Then the highest has to be $1499. Let me know what you guys put in this question

the right answer is $1500, you can find answers in the text only

as for America the right answer is TRUE: it's being said that these charts RESULTED in discoveries of COLUMBUS, who as we all know has discovered America.

testielts

Sep 30, 2017
the right answer is $1500, you can find answers in the text only

as for America the right answer is TRUE: it's being said that these charts RESULTED in discoveries of COLUMBUS, who as we all know has discovered America.
Sorry you can't use your knowledge in ielts. We all know but it was not specifically mentioned that columbus discovered America.

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Sorry, but if I am not mistaken, the clerk had said nothing about new price, he asked her is new price reasonable, and then she answered, yes I was able to pay up to $190-200, so $180 is ok. I don't remember though...

As for reward for volunteers, it's being said that they had no time to hear performance, but they had discount for shop, and then it was about something about this shop, something they like to do in this shop.

sorry, but I don't remeber answer for renowation, I just remember it was one possible answer about something that had been built before festival is opened, another one about something that's being changed a few years ago, and the last one was the right answer....

for the 4th section, the 34th was flexible....

anyway, good luck for all of us with our results...
It doesn't make sense if she was willing to pay from 190-200 clerk asked for 180
When clerk announced 190 she told that's fine cause anything from 180-200 is fine so 190 is between 180-200
Increase without distance cannot be the right answer increase in how far people can travel is doesn't sound right while distance in how far people can travel perfectly suits here.
Now about map please guys need a confirmation
F hills
B just in front of A which was in South East part of the circular road I am sure for this one
G was near campsite a
H was near toilets or vice versa G was near toilets and H near campsite
A was incorrect answer because it was something in front of which was the second answer B

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
For reading amswers
1. Plan your journey in advance
2 info about bus stops
3. To get on( sign you want to get on bus)
4 to let off(que)
5 access to bus(rear door)
6 fellow passenger(smoking and eating not allowed)
There were maybe more paragraphs I don't remember
Egyptian maps the oldest False
Earth is flat in Greek maps True
Romans the first to use roads Not Given
America was discovered Not Given
Netherland Maps True
Middle ages on Greek maps I wrote True but eventually from your responses I understood It should have been False
Plebo was the author of geographic False

Last edited:
Reactions: Talk2jt

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hello Everyone again. For the reading, I will only be posting the first and last part. The Auckland bus system and The Map. Remember I stand to be corrected. I am just posting it as I answered it.

ACCESS TO BUS --- This was for the paragraph that talked about entering from the front door, wheel chair users entering through the front door etc.

WHAT BUS STOP TO USE --- This paragraph talked about bus signs everywhere with information. Where buses get off and routes buses pass.

PLANNING FOR THE TRIP AHEAD --- This was for the first Paragraph were they talked about calling. Can't remember really but it was Paragraph A.

SHOWING YOU WANT TO GET ON THE BUS --- This was the paragraph that talked about staying on the curb and waving your hand to signal to the driver.

WANT TO EXIT THE BUS --- This talked about letting the driver know ahead so that he can safely park or something, can't remember. Also talked about using an handle and pressing a button.

CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PASSENGERS --- This was the part that said when you go in, you either sit on the first dear or walk right down because other people are queuing to enter.

PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP --- This was the part that talked about having your money ready, if you would be given a change. Having an ID if you are entitled to a discount etc.

LAST SECTION: 1

The part of mapping development used to solve a incurring natural issue. Can't remember but the answer was THE PART THAT TALKED ABOUT THE ANNUAL FLOODING AND USING MAPPING TO LOCATE PROPERTIES.

The part that talked about a book that was forgotten and later used to solve a lot of problems or something like that the answer to that IS THE PASSAGE THAY TALKED ABOUT 2 WRITTERS AND THEN THEY SAID THE LATTER WHICH IS PYBLEO CAN'T REMEMBER WROTE A BOOK.

The question of using religious belief to solve something, can't remember. The answer was that part they talked about the middle ages, that's the only place they talked about religion. Not so sure.

The idea that the earth was flat. I CHOSE THE PART WHERE THEY TALKED ABOUT THE EARTH BEING FLAT AT FIRST AND LATER SPHERE. THEN SOMEONE CALCULATED THE CIRCUMFERENCE.

THE LAST PART

Widespread of mapping of properties. TRUE. Remember after they talked about it they also said similar methods were used in the West and East or so. Can't remember.

The Egyptians and the first map we have. FALSE. The first known map was recorded by the Babylonians.

The Egyptians were the first to build a road map. NOT GIVEN. They only told us they had one of the best designs.

The part on the Dutch and fun and so. TRUE. In the PASSAGE they referred to them as people from Netherlands.

The part that an name starting with S wrote a book. Answer is FALSE. Remember when they gave the 2 names, they said the latter wrote the book which was the second name that started with P.

For reading.. is it paying for money or who can get discount? Coz both informations given in 1 paragraph?

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Section 1:

Delivery: Friday (not sure)
International Express
Hillman
14 Mountain Road
North Park Avenue
6 books
photographs
Total Amount: 98
ID Code