IELTS SEP 09 2017 British Council

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Sure,

here is what I remember...

SECTION 1:

TRAIN .... ride.

show or display of.. SHARKS..

Get lower price if you are ... member...

HATTON.. hotel or restaurant..

SECTION 2:

restaurant organization started in 1997
number of location .. 243
15 $ discount on ..BIRTHDAY..
For the restaurant membership ..35..
restaurant members get.. STARTERS.. free.

next options for two restaurants

first restaurant options ... DAILY MUSIC(OPTION A).. and ..forgot

second restaurant options .. COMEDY SHOWS( MAY BE OPTION D) and TRAINING FOR AMATEURS (MAY BE OPTION F)

SECTION 3:

BILL and Jen conversation about the project..

the girl express about other two girls that
option: without them the project wouldn't completed

Bill says jen is in the team because
option: she reads all of her assignments.

they express disappointment with one girl (may be irene )..
options: she is not in touch with them..

two other questions.. forgot..

in the option selection for who does what for the thesis..

KIM: results..

Jen: Bibliography

others forgot.

SECTION 4:

one of the library answer.. ORAL.. history..

another library answer ... LABOR.. movement..

one answer.. MUSIC..

open for xxxx and for.... PUBLIC...

others not sure..

I HAVE LOST TRACK ON LAST TWO QUESTIONS.
I guess I got 5-6 wrong answers.. i hope its 5 or else I will fall by half band...

Reactions: Ravi94

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017
m very bad in recalling.. i am able to recollect through earlier posts, you can follow up ...may be of some help
Actually, everyone has different opinions. Hard to find correct answers for NIT Short Course true/false and tortoise t/f questions..

Ghost_rider

May 27, 2017
yes i know but I think we have to write the month, neverthless and the other answers dont you remember, section 4 for example as the others were letters only.
I remember it was ONE word, do not remember whether it was ONE word and/or number. So, i have chosen the safest, and wrote 15th only.

Emnafrancks

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
students, and unpaid .

Reading:
Sec-1 Finding information from the restaurant ad’s about cost, type of food, time and quantity.
some questions from the detail on usage of BART(Bay Area Rapid Transit). It was T/F/NG type which I found it easy. Usually these type of questions are tough.
Sec-2:Flowchart completion from an essay on filling of posts for travel guides.
Sec-3: A-J paragraphs were given with information about the early life, trade of pearls, location of Qatar, and how people extracted pearls in Qatar. The questions were finding information type and last 4 questions were summary completion type. This section was time consuming as the number of paragraphs were 10 (A-J) and searching for information took a long time, as there were many distractors in the paragraphs.

Listening:
Section-1: It was a talk on hotel booking by a women, It was a form completion type but it was difficult as 4 out of 10 questions has distractors(speaker used to information and then take it back saying she does’nt want it), never panic if you missed out some of the answers or did not write down anything it will affect your answers for next questions.I recommend to take a lot of practice in listening type to get accustomed to different accents and how to deal with distractors while listening.

Section-2:Talk between a professor and a research student about health issues in new born babies. It was MCQ type. Also one important thing I would like to mention is the questions has terms like main reason for, what Dr.Hanes agrees with Lisa’s point, so concentrate while reading the questions.
Section :3 Open day talk of a library. It was MCQ Type and a map on extension plan for the library.
Section-4: A talk on course details for becoming an interpreter. Sentence completion in four sections with one word answer