Keertana

May 1, 2018
Hi all,

My ielts scores are:
Reading: 9
Listening: 8
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

What are my chances to get into the express entry pool?

I’d highly appreciate any response.

ahadrulz

May 25, 2018
Hi Keertana, I am not too sure whether you know the entire procedure of getting into Express entry. I would suggest you to go through the pinned posts to educate yourself more and learn different aspects of Express entry system .
Regarding your IELTS score, Canada converts these scores into CLB categories and the trick is to get a consistently fair score in all bands. In your case, you have done really well in Reading & Listening & you would get highest CLB score in those bands. But unfortunately, your Speaking score is poor and it should be a bit more.
Having said that, IELTS is not the only criterion to get into the Pool and get selected. You could have a Masters' degree or you may have relatives living in Canada that helps too.

Keertana

May 1, 2018
Hi,

I have my masters in health administration with one year of experience in USA and I am a dentist in India with 3 years of experience as dental surgeon and office manager. Also I have relatives in Canada.

Will this help?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

I have my masters in health administration with one year of experience in USA and I am a dentist in India with 3 years of experience as dental surgeon and office manager. Also I have relatives in Canada.

Will this help?
i think if you increase your speaking from 6.5 to 7 you can increase your score by 50 points. i think you need to have immediate relatives to imporve your score.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Have you requested for reevaluation on speaking? There is chance for you to increase it to 7 and meeting the CLB 9 on all categories to boost your CRS

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi all,

My ielts scores are:
Reading: 9
Listening: 8
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

What are my chances to get into the express entry pool?

I’d highly appreciate any response.
you just need to improve your speaking by +0.5 , you can already enter in the express entry pool but competition is tough now

SokieBia

Apr 26, 2018
I think you have a high chance Keertena. But while you’re entering the pool try requesting a re-evaluation of your writing score to see if there’s an improvement. Also use the IRCC tool to see where your points lie. Am sure a 445+ range will cushion and you should probably get a draw soon.

Bests!