LANDED..........
waiting
Hello

i got the following IELTS score

Listening: 6.5
Reading : 6
Speaking: 7
Writing: 6.5

how much score i can get for canadian immigration, i need full 16 points to make my sum to 67 points. i believe with current score i can get 12 points? what you guys suggest that i should apply for the immigaration now and can give IELTS next month or so? or first i should give the IELTS and then i should apply for immigaration. I believe when you apply you dont have to give IELTS result, IELTS result is required at later stage.

My 2nd question is, that how much gap you can give IELTS , as i got my ielts result today, so can i appear in the exam which will be held 3 weeks from now??

Appreciate your comments.

Regards
Jade

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi Jade,

I'm afraid you are right, you get 12 points with these scores. Currently IELTS is recquired at a later stage through your visa office. I applied for PR las August but I was asked to do IELTS only in January and I did it 2 weeks ago. However as far as I know it's going to be changed soon and IELTS will definitely be required with your first application package for CIC.
On my IELTS exam day we were informed that there is no strict rule any more about how soon you can sit another IELTS exam in case you are not satisfied with your previous results. However it is strongly advised to prepare yourself much better in case you want to get a higher score and this preparation needs time. I think 3 weeks is not enough but that's only my opinion..
All the best,
Christine

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, as long as I know, there is no minimum time interval between the exams and as long as you can find an exam which you can enroll in, you can take the test even one day after your previous IELTS exam!

Jade268 said:
Hello

i got the following IELTS score

Listening: 6.5
Reading : 6
Speaking: 7
Writing: 6.5

how much score i can get for canadian immigration, i need full 16 points to make my sum to 67 points. i believe with current score i can get 12 points? what you guys suggest that i should apply for the immigaration now and can give IELTS next month or so? or first i should give the IELTS and then i should apply for immigaration. I believe when you apply you dont have to give IELTS result, IELTS result is required at later stage.

My 2nd question is, that how much gap you can give IELTS , as i got my ielts result today, so can i appear in the exam which will be held 3 weeks from now??

Appreciate your comments.

Regards
Jade

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, IELTS score could be submitted at a later stage previously, but with recent changes, it seems you might be required to provide it along with your initial application.

See this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-to-streamline-language-proficiency-assessment-t36877.0.html

taran

Mar 12, 2010
Chicago IL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2010
Hi Experts,

I have applied for canadian immigration recently and was wondering if my wife also needs to take the IELTS test. I am the primary applicant.

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi Taran,

I am also the main applicant and my husband was not asked to do the IELTS exam, only myself.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No! There is no need for her to take the test!

taran said:
Hi Experts,

I have applied for canadian immigration recently and was wondering if my wife also needs to take the IELTS test. I am the primary applicant.

canbhagat

Sep 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in July 2009
AOR Received.
August 2009
File Transfer...
transferred to LA in april 2010
Med's Request
may 2010
Med's Done....
may2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
hey guys,

i just got my ielts results with the following score

listening-7.5
reading-6.5
writing-7
speaking-7.5

i am really happy with the results because now i can claim all 16 points for the language factor.

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
Hello All, I did my IELTS GT on the 19th and 20th Feb,2010.Am good at this language sometimes I feel it is my first language.Not only did I start using it since 1985 but I have a great passion in developing it within me and noting and correcting errors in speaking and writing. But I got Listening-5.0,Reading-6.0,Speaking-5 and writing-6.5.I failed because I got 9 out of possible 16 points which will make up my 67 or a little above it. I don't have a job offer as it is hard to get and I can't go provincial as it is hard to get nominated.

So am gonna reappear in the IELTS GT, on May 7th and 8th,2010 for at least 7.5 Listening and 6.5 for others. What am I gonna be doing? Am losing my confidence.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep practicing, be positive, and be confident in your capabilities. Then I'm sure you will get a good mark.
Good luck!

ferdiii said:
Hello All, I did my IELTS GT on the 19th and 20th Feb,2010.Am good at this language sometimes I feel it is my first language.Not only did I start using it since 1985 but I have a great passion in developing it within me and noting and correcting errors in speaking and writing. But I got Listening-5.0,Reading-6.0,Speaking-5 and writing-6.5.I failed because I got 9 out of possible 16 points which will make up my 67 or a little above it. I don't have a job offer as it is hard to get and I can't go provincial as it is hard to get nominated.

So am gonna reappear in the IELTS GT, on May 7th and 8th,2010 for at least 7.5 Listening and 6.5 for others. What am I gonna be doing? Am losing my confidence.

JAR

Mar 25, 2010
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo, Japan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.
I got my IELTS result last March 19:

Listening - 7.5
Reading - 7.0
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0

General Band Score - 7.5

I only had 3 weeks of review. I never went to a review center. For those who are preparing for IELTS, just practice at least 4 hours a day and focus more on the area where you feel is your weakness. Try to use the Cambridge IELTS book 1 to 7. Its format and level of difficulty is somewhat similar to the actual IELTS exam. Also, with regards to Speaking topics, try to search the net for possible topics to be discussed. Of course, add lots of prayers...it really helps. Goodluck to all!

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
mbastudies said:
Keep practicing, be positive, and be confident in your capabilities. Then I'm sure you will get a good mark.
Good luck!
Thanks mbastudies, I have re-registered and it is June 4th and 5th. Am practicing but I don't know how to answer I agree/disagree proposition in writing. I encountered that in my previous attempt and I took a stand immidiately and rounded it off condemning the other part. I pulled 6.0, I don't know if it is always to say things on both sides and round off with one's position.

mkp

Oct 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS is an exam that is being targeted by most of the students who want to move to any foreign country. For Canada also, if you are moving to do a job there, then you need a good IELTS score. This is a good thing because language will never become a problem for the immigrants. It is a bit difficult exam but a good thing is that you can attempt the exam whenever you want to. There is no gap that should be followed between the exams.