+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score will be expired soon, but my application is under process.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
When i have submitted my application,my IELTS score is valid for 14 months .
Its been year since i have applied and now my score is valid for 2 months only. For sure process will not be completed in next 2 months. Some one told me that, depends on VO we may get the request for new result. is it true, if so, how long they will give to submit new score.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
srihari ram said:
Hi,
When i have submitted my application,my IELTS score is valid for 14 months .
Its been year since i have applied and now my score is valid for 2 months only. For sure process will not be completed in next 2 months. Some one told me that, depends on VO we may get the request for new result. is it true, if so, how long they will give to submit new score.
Good question. But going back to basics, if it doesn't expire at the time of application then it should be okay.

So for I have gone though most of the posts in this forum only medicals and police verification asked to -REDO-

Also I got the notes and there is a question like "Is English test taken" and then answer 'Y'
then score --> updated in the notes.

Hope this will be considered for eligibility.

Seniors your opinion on this.

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
I really dont think they will asking you to retake IELTS exam. If it is a medical/Police Clearance/NOA/T4 that would make same sense.
As per my understanding IELTS is one of the criteria you need to satisfy and would be required to check if you are eligible to apply under a certain category, Which is validated once you receive your AOR and I see you have already received your AOR.

HarrySingh

Jan 2, 2013
IELTS score should be valid at the time of application being received to their office, with some decent time left on its validity (I at least suggest 3 months).
even if it expires while application is being processed, I never heard applicant ask to re take IELTS.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
HarrySingh said:
IELTS score should be valid at the time of application being received to their office, with some decent time left on its validity (I at least suggest 3 months).
even if it expires while application is being processed, I never heard applicant ask to re take IELTS.
Language test results must not be more than two years old at the time of application receipt, and will be used as conclusive evidence of an applicant’s language proficiency. Other written evidence will not be considered.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/cec.asp

Official language proficiency (applications received on or after January 2, 2013)

Pursuant to R87.2(d), the applicant must demonstrate that they meet or exceed the threshold set by the Minister for proficiency in either English or French for each of the four language skill areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening.

So no worries for now.

M3M

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My study visa got rejected last week. I have been issued a new admission letter and my classes will be starting at the end of April. My plan is to apply for visa again in the mid of January 2018 but my IELTS is expiring on Jan 30, 2018. So, I need to give IELTS again before apply for visa?

Pam_31314

Mar 17, 2018
hi...
i am also worried about same thing.....you got some clarification regarding this ?..or if you have applied they considered it or not ?..please reply

Nijil james

Dec 7, 2016
Hi
I already submitted my profile in express entry pool and i am waiting for pnp programe. My ielts test result wil expire on feb.2019. So is there any problem to apply for the pnp programme in the next intake before february

Pretty_pretty

May 2, 2019
i have subimtted my final EE file before 2 month ago and my IELTS is going to expire on month of june.
so wanted to know their will be any problem or i have to reappear. please answer