+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS score result date is Post ITA

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I am applying along with my spouse. My spouse's IELTS result was declared online on 16 November before the draw happened. So we had filled the details and the CRS had raised. We received the ITA in the draw happened on the same date in the evening (Indian Standard Time). Now the IELTS score card TRF physical copy from British Council which we received few days after, mentions the result date 17 Nov instead of 16. Will our application get rejected because of this? What should we do? Thanks in advance.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
Hello, I am applying along with my spouse. My spouse's IELTS result was declared online on 16 November before the draw happened. So we had filled the details and the CRS had raised. We received the ITA in the draw happened on the same date in the evening (Indian Standard Time). Now the IELTS score card TRF physical copy from British Council which we received few days after, mentions the result date 17 Nov instead of 16. Will our application get rejected because of this? What should we do? Thanks in advance.
Write a LOE and provide the same information that you wrote here.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tricky.

IELTS online results are provisional in nature and must not be used as conclusive scores until you receive the actual TRF, even the BC results site informs you about this. Take the LOE route and the associated risk of refusal only if you think you wouldn't get an ITA again in the near future.

If you have a high enough score, recommend that you decline this ITA and wait for another.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just talked to British Council and IDP both regarding the validity of the IELTS result. Both have confirmed that the score validity starts from the date the exam was taken and not the result declaration date. So I will take my chance here with the LoE. My CRS score is 475, and it doesn't seem that cutoff for next subsequent draws will come down below that.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can create second profile and wait for next draw before you submit documents for current ITA. In that case you have nothing to lose

RoseEllie6

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
FRANCE
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
FRANCE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
07-12-2016 SCHEDULE A
Nomination.....
OINP FRENCH STREAM - I DECLINED
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-12-2016
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
14-11-2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
LANDED..........
12-30-2017
Batman_is_Real said:
You can create second profile and wait for next draw before you submit documents for current ITA. In that case you have nothing to lose
You cannot have two active profile for EE at once, it will complicate things and might damage your current application and ITA, just write a LOE and explain why the date is different, just be truthful lying and creating another profil to get an ITA is stupid and might make the system start to act up !

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
But what did you put as a report number if you received the paper several days later?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoseEllie6 said:
You cannot have two active profile for EE at once, it will complicate things and might damage your current application and ITA, just write a LOE and explain why the date is different, just be truthful lying and creating another profil to get an ITA is stupid and might make the system start to act up !
You can have two separate CIC account and one profile in each account.
CIC doesn't have enough time to go and check every active profile in pool.

Just to support my point http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-express-entry-accounts-profiles-t465456.0.html

vrlkacha

Jul 23, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
But what did you put as a report number if you received the paper several days later?
TRF number has a fixed format which is a composition of your test year, country code, candidate number, your name, centre number and test type.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess we won't need to make new profile. Just confirmed from IELTS officials that the date printed in bottom of the TRF Card is not the result date and is the date of printing of that TRF card and it doesn't have any relation with the validity of the IELTS score.

Raj11132428

Apr 16, 2018
Pune
Hi Mr.joohi,
i am in the exact same situation as you. my ielts result was on 14th march 2018. but in TRF it is 10th april 2018. i received the ITA. what should i do now? please help me