Feb 10, 2016
Hi..Everyone..

I Received the following IELTS score:
Listening:9
Reading:8.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:6
Overall:7.5

Can i make a possible entry into Express Entry Pool.

What are my chances of selection?

If somebody can help me..

What should i do next? ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your score qualifies you to apply for Express Entry.

What the chances are of being selected depends on the number of overall points you have. If your overall points are over 450 - then the chances are probably pretty good.

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Yup. True..

But as everybody say to go for Student Visa..

IS IT A GOOD OPTION..

OR SHOULD I REAPPEAR IELTS N KEEP TRYING FOR EXPRESS ENTRY.

STUDENT VISA FOR 2 YEARS GIVES U 3 YRS WORK PERMIT AND FURTHER IT IMPROVES YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A PR..

SUGGESTIONS PLZ... :)

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vishrut1987 said:
Yup. True..

But as everybody say to go for Student Visa..

SUGGESTIONS PLZ... :)
It depends on your pocket. It is cheaper to study in canada if you have the PR. Cos they charge you on par with canadian citizen which is cheaper than international student fees.

If you can afford study with international fees, then its almost certain that you will get the PR.
If you want to save money then try first to improve your IELTS score. It will also help your to improve your English skills.

In my opinion, give one more try to IELTS (7778-RSWL) and if does not work out then go for studies.

If you find my suggestions helpful, then leave a token of appreciation with +1...

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Vishrut1987,

First try to make an estimate of your score from the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
You are eligible for Express entry pool, but honestly you lose good amount of score because of Writing (6.5) and Speaking (6). You should atleast score 7 in both of these to make it successful for ITA.

I would recommend try for IELTS again with major focus on Speaking n writing this time, whilst maintaining you good score in listening and reading also.
As far as studying in Canada is concerned, for that also you have to appear for IELTS (academic) and for admission to a decent university, you require IELTS Band score of 7 atleast. Even if you get through some university, spend lot of money and land up in job, then even in Canada you have to go through this process of CIC and PR again. The only difference will be you will be applying for FSW Inland with probably some Canada Experience.

I would suggest try to give IELTS again with focus on Speaking n writing, and you can have PR directly.

Vishrut1987 said:
Hi..Everyone..

I Received the following IELTS score:
Listening:9
Reading:8.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:6
Overall:7.5

Can i make a possible entry into Express Entry Pool.

What are my chances of selection?

If somebody can help me..

What should i do next? ;D

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks mate..that was a deciding factor for me.. :)

kadian said:
It depends on your pocket. It is cheaper to study in canada if you have the PR. Cos they charge you on par with canadian citizen which is cheaper than international student fees.

If you can afford study with international fees, then its almost certain that you will get the PR.
If you want to save money then try first to improve your IELTS score. It will also help your to improve your English skills.

In my opinion, give one more try to IELTS (7778-RSWL) and if does not work out then go for studies.

If you find my suggestions helpful, then leave a token of appreciation with +1...

Vishrut1987

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks sikkavarun..
My score is 398.

My other concern was, that my friends in Canada are strictly against Student Visa as they say that it is a risky and costly as well as time consuming option.

Given my age ie 28 it will be very late to start my career after 2 yrs of studies, and major fact they addressed was:
You don't get a job easily in your required field or required NOC after completion of studies in the Work permit phase, and sometimes employeers are not ready to give you a valid experience letter.

Just wanted to know whether above facts are true or just a misconception.

sikkavarun said:
Vishrut1987,

First try to make an estimate of your score from the following link:
You are eligible for Express entry pool, but honestly you lose good amount of score because of Writing (6.5) and Speaking (6). You should atleast score 7 in both of these to make it successful for ITA.

I would recommend try for IELTS again with major focus on Speaking n writing this time, whilst maintaining you good score in listening and reading also.
As far as studying in Canada is concerned, for that also you have to appear for IELTS (academic) and for admission to a decent university, you require IELTS Band score of 7 atleast. Even if you get through some university, spend lot of money and land up in job, then even in Canada you have to go through this process of CIC and PR again. The only difference will be you will be applying for FSW Inland with probably some Canada Experience.

I would suggest try to give IELTS again with focus on Speaking n writing, and you can have PR directly.

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hey @Vishrut1987,

Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling last week.

And yes, thats true. It is not a misconception. Firstly, those who are already facing these problems as student or have seen someone can best judge. So if they are telling you this, that must be true. I have a friend/colleague of mine, who invested lots of money for a 1 year course in canada and he did not get job after searching for about 6 months. Ultimately he had to come back. So yes, it is a great risk.
So its better you try to improve your score. Your age is great for PR. You will get maximum points for the age.

Vishrut1987 said:
Thanks sikkavarun..
My score is 398.

My other concern was, that my friends in Canada are strictly against Student Visa as they say that it is a risky and costly as well as time consuming option.

Given my age ie 28 it will be very late to start my career after 2 yrs of studies, and major fact they addressed was:
You don't get a job easily in your required field or required NOC after completion of studies in the Work permit phase, and sometimes employeers are not ready to give you a valid experience letter.

Just wanted to know whether above facts are true or just a misconception.

swetagtm

May 19, 2016
Hi All...if anybody can guide me on..
I want to apply for PR for canada..does my husband also need to do the IELTS??
And which category we should choose??General??
Plss guide me on this.
Thanks

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
swetagtm said:
Hi All...if anybody can guide me on..
I want to apply for PR for canada..does my husband also need to do the IELTS??
And which category we should choose??General??
Plss guide me on this.
Thanks
@swetagtm,

Yes it is always recommended that when you are applying with your spouse, then both should go for IELTS. Because there are points for the IELTS Score for both the applicants. If you are applying from outside Canada, then you should apply under FSW 1 - Federal Skilled Worker programme of Canadian Immigration.

You can see this link for more details on FSW Programme http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp There are more links on the left side on this page, that will give you an idea about how the express entry works.

If you or your husband have canadian work experience of more than 1 year, then you can apply under CEC - Canadian Experience Class programme http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Please reply if you need more information to start with or have any confusion.

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am really amazed to see the conversation between you guys. You all helping each other that's really great.

Special thanks to the senior members of this forum. I too very new in this blog and would like to get some assistance. Pls hel p me.

My CRS is around 450 and I am in teaching profession.

Could you pls let me know how much time it will take to get invitation.

I also came to know that Province nomination will also be inviting people those CRS is above 400.

Kindly advice friends...

Thanks

swetagtm

May 19, 2016
Thank you so much Varun for the response.
I checked British council,UOW and Canadian university....the rest fees are almost the same :(
Any suggestions?

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
swetagtm said:
Thank you so much Varun for the response.
I checked British council,UOW and Canadian university....the rest fees are almost the same :(
Any suggestions?
Yes, they all have almost same price point. Go for british council. They are good and provides you with the result in 13 days.

sikkavarun

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Raghuraj said:
Hello Everyone,

I am really amazed to see the conversation between you guys. You all helping each other that's really great.

Special thanks to the senior members of this forum. I too very new in this blog and would like to get some assistance. Pls hel p me.

My CRS is around 450 and I am in teaching profession.

Could you pls let me know how much time it will take to get invitation.

I also came to know that Province nomination will also be inviting people those CRS is above 400.

Kindly advice friends...

Thanks
@Raghuraj,

There is no defined timeline for this. As per last 4-5 draw results, the cut off is around 480. Although a few members in some forum have predicted based on the previous draws that the cut off should go below soon, maybe 3-4 months but then its just prediction. You cannot rely on this.

Also, the PNP for Ontario is currently closed I believe, (just check the OPNP thread - you will get more info there) but it will open once they have more openings. May be by end of this year it might start accepting the applications again.

My recommendation, just check the possibilities to score more than 450. See this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp and try to calculate the scores on IF-Else Basis.
Like If you score CLB 10 in some IELTS test Then your score is increased by xx amount and so on. This will help in better understanding and accordingly you can take actions.

Feel free to post your details and members here can help you in that. And if there is no option to increase the score, then keep on checking the PNP Programmes by various Provinces and try to apply there.

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I too trying hard to increase my CRS. This sort of help will keep us motivated and my sincere thanks to you and other members of this forum. Thanks......