+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score For EE, But IELTS wants Application number? Help!

andy21

Apr 23, 2019
Hello guys,

So I am trying to start gathering all the needed documents to create my Express Entry profile and I find myself lost.

The EE profile on CIC asks me to provide the test results of IELTS to complete the profile and eventually submit an application, but the IELTS site is asking me to provide an application number so they can send a copy of the results to CIC:

You will receive one copy of your Test Report Form*. (*Those applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will receive two. You will need to provide the test centre with proof of application to CIC.)

So how does that work? What Do I have? Is it a catch 20-20? Cause I can't start the EE application without the IELTS, but can't do the IELTS without the CIC application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello guys,

So I am trying to start gathering all the needed documents to create my Express Entry profile and I find myself lost.

The EE profile on CIC asks me to provide the test results of IELTS to complete the profile and eventually submit an application, but the IELTS site is asking me to provide an application number so they can send a copy of the results to CIC:

You will receive one copy of your Test Report Form*. (*Those applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will receive two. You will need to provide the test centre with proof of application to CIC.)

So how does that work? What Do I have? Is it a catch 20-20? Cause I can't start the EE application without the IELTS, but can't do the IELTS without the CIC application?

Thanks!!
Take the IELTS - don't ask them to send a copy to IRCC. They will mail you the result, and once you have it, you can create your EE profile.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

Thanks!!
The IELTS result will be mailed to you after the exam. Once you have it, you can upload the same during document submission of your profile.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Not that I know of. But i dont want to screw myself over by doing it wrong
You're not doing it wrong. Just "Skip" the part of the form where it says "Recognized Organisations (Optional)".

It's Optional...