+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS revaluation

Aastha2311

Nov 29, 2018
Hi,
I recently gave my IELTS Exam and my score was L-8 S-8 R-7 W-6.5
Do you think I should go ahead with rechecking of my writing module as I just need 0.5 band more. If yes then please help me out with the procedure...
I gave my exam through British Council.

Thanks

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
Hey Aastha,

You didn't mention whether it was your first attempt?? because its really a good score for a first timer. Anyways you can go ahead with the re-evaluation for sure. It would cost you Rs. 6,500 //-(irrespective whether you want to re-evaluate one or all the four modules).

You would require to send the following 5 documents to British Council within 6 weeks, from the date of your examination (LRW module).
The documents are:

1. Completed EOR (Enquiry on Results) form-available at the link below

https://www.britishcouncil.my/sites/default/files/150901_ielts_enquiry_on_results_eor_form.pdf

2. Passport photocopy (First + Last page)

3. Demand Draft Rs. 6,500/= in favour of British Council, payable at New Delhi

4. Original TRF (Hard copy of your scorecard you receive from British council)

5. One CANCELLED cheque (in case if your score changes after re-evaluation they refund you the amount :D

And just for the record, a person TAKES an exam and not GIVE:)

Good Luck:)

Aastha2311

Nov 29, 2018
Thank you for correcting my mistake...I really appreciate that...
Yes this was my first time attempt and I am satisfied with my 3 modules. Because of the writing band score my CRS score has dropped down...
Thank you for the guidance.
I will apply for revaluation

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
Let me tell you my case; I took IELTS general last month and this is my scorecard-
L : 9
R : 9
S : 8
W: 6.5??????
It seems fishy;);) although not necessarily because the Writing Module is the TOUGHEST and not only Asians but even natives struggle for a good band. Having said that, if there is a CONSIDERABLE difference between the W as compared to the other three LRS then you do stand a fair chance and may get an increased score. I'm telling you this as I too have applied for re-evaluation (EOR in IELTS terminology).
Lets see what happens:rolleyes:

Aastha2311

Nov 29, 2018
Thank you
Good luck
But will these people consider that we have got better scores in other modules? Will they even know about our other module scores??
I meant the examiner

amuro.ray

Dec 1, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
Let me tell you my case; I took IELTS general last month and this is my scorecard-
L : 9
R : 9
S : 8
W: 6.5??????
It seems fishy;);) although not necessarily because the Writing Module is the TOUGHEST and not only Asians but even natives struggle for a good band. Having said that, if there is a CONSIDERABLE difference between the W as compared to the other three LRS then you do stand a fair chance and may get an increased score. I'm telling you this as I too have applied for re-evaluation (EOR in IELTS terminology).
Lets see what happens:rolleyes:
Don't wanna let you down but i was in the same shoe before. My first attempt: LRSW: 9 8.5 6.5 8
Since i had several online preparation classes with IELTS examiner whose feedback about my speaking was more positive than my results, I applied for EOR. Guess what? No change.
Still love to hear what will be your results though ;).

Aastha2311

Nov 29, 2018
Don't wanna let you down but i was in the same shoe before. My first attempt: LRSW: 9 8.5 6.5 8
Since i had several online preparation classes with IELTS examiner whose feedback about my speaking was more positive than my results, I applied for EOR. Guess what? No change.
Still love to hear what will be your results though ;).
I am literally confused

Nadsunny

Nov 30, 2018
I am literally confused
Don't be confused. While I took the decision on the basis of my personal research, you can decide on your own. Its just Rs. 6,500/- at stake which is just half the amount you pay for a second attempt at IELTS, in addition to the time you spend preparing and waiting for the results (chewing your nails:()

Always remember, life is full of surprises so don't be surprised when you get one:):):):)

Good Luck!!

mvarma

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi,
I recently gave my IELTS Exam and my score was L-8 S-8 R-7 W-6.5
Do you think I should go ahead with rechecking of my writing module as I just need 0.5 band more. If yes then please help me out with the procedure...
I gave my exam through British Council.

Thanks
I have the exact same score. I gave my test on Nov 10 via BC.
Applied for EOR, and BC acknowledged that they received my EOR application today. And asked to wait for upto 4 weeks from today.

Fingers crossed.

Can you share your test date and EOR timeline if you have applied for EOR?