+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Revaluation

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dear Team,

Do you see any chance of getting IELTS result revalued from 6 to 7 in writing? I did it in British council. Any chance? Any of you have own experiences?

Ashy

Ahmed Khedr

Nov 24, 2017
Dear Team,

Do you see any chance of getting IELTS result revalued from 6 to 7 in writing? I did it in British council. Any chance? Any of you have own experiences?

Ashy
I had my IELTS writing result re-evaluated last month. My score went up from 6.5 to 7 and it took around 4 weeks for the re-evaluation to be completed. I was sure that I deserved at least 7, that's why I went straight for re-evaluation. If you are sure that you did well in the test, you should go for it. Good luck!

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Dear Team,

Ashy
I applied for re-evaluation in one of my earlier IELTS exam through IDP, my writing score was 6 and they changed it to 6.5. Personally I wasn’t that optimistic because it would have to be a big oversight on their part to up the score by 1 full band. If it’s a matter of 0.5 band then it’s likely to go in your favor, but if you’re confident then go for it because even if they change it to 6.5 you will get a refund.

Reactions: AshyS

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Dear Team,

Ashy
My wife had 6.5 in Writing with British Council as well, after re-evaluation it went to 7.5. If your wallet allows it, i would say to go for it.

Reactions: ashokacca

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I had my IELTS writing result re-evaluated last month. My score went up from 6.5 to 7 and it took around 4 weeks for the re-evaluation to be completed. I was sure that I deserved at least 7, that's why I went straight for re-evaluation. If you are sure that you did well in the test, you should go for it. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the reply ! :)

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
My wife had 6.5 in Writing with British Council as well, after re-evaluation it went to 7.5. If your wallet allows it, i would say to go for it.
Thank you! That's nice to hear. How long did it take for revaluation result? And was this recently?

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi folks
My score was L9 R 7 W 7 S 6.5
I am pretty sure my reading was much better than a 7 last time when i gave ielts i scored an 8 in reading and 7 in speaking. My speaking exam was not that bad either i just need a .5 more in speaking, should i go for revaluation of both reading and speaking or only speaking. I gave my exam at british council

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi folks
My score was L9 R 7 W 7 S 6.5
I am pretty sure my reading was much better than a 7 last time when i gave ielts i scored an 8 in reading and 7 in speaking. My speaking exam was not that bad either i just need a .5 more in speaking, should i go for revaluation of both reading and speaking or only speaking. I gave my exam at british council
You stand a higher chance of getting a re-evaluated score for speaking and writing than for listening or reading. Because the latter two have fixed answers while the former two are dependent on the examiner.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I applied for remark, I had 6.5 in Writing. Although I was sure I had written a good essay still they did not increase the 0.5 i needed, I had to re-take the exam. I did it at British Council and the remark took around 2 weeks.