+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Revaluation. Should I go for it ?

RahulKJain

Sep 6, 2018
Hello All,

I gave the exam on August 18th 2018 via British Council and got my results.

Speaking- 7.0
Listening- 8.0
Reading- 7.0
Writing- 6.5

I am completely dissatisfied with my results and was expecting 7.5 I’m speaking, 8.5 in listening, 8.5 in reading and 7/7.5 in writing. Would you suggest I should go for revaluation for all the 4 sections ? Or should I just give a try in writing and speaking ? Any thoughts/ personal experience will surly help me. As I am not in a situation to repeat IELTS exam again.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hello All,

Speaking- 7.0
Listening- 8.0
Reading- 7.0
Writing- 6.5

I am completely dissatisfied with my results and was expecting 7.5 I’m speaking, 8.5 in listening, 8.5 in reading and 7/7.5 in writing. Would you suggest I should go for revaluation for all the 4 sections ? Or should I just give a try in writing and speaking ? Any thoughts/ personal experience will surly help me. As I am not in a situation to repeat IELTS exam again.
Listening and reading scores will not change as those skills are objective types. Yes you can try re-evaluation for your speaking and writing skills.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
You can give all your sections for revaluation if you are not satisfied with your results, but the chances of having your scores changed for reading and listening are very less as they are objective, as in, the answers are either right or wrong.

aastha chopra

Sep 8, 2018
Hello All,

Speaking- 7.0
Listening- 8.0
Reading- 7.0
Writing- 6.5

Hi have you given for remarking? any uodate?

abhi@canada

Jan 23, 2019
Hi
Hello All,

Speaking- 7.0
Listening- 8.0
Reading- 7.0
Writing- 6.5

I am completely dissatisfied with my results and was expecting 7.5 I’m speaking, 8.5 in listening, 8.5 in reading and 7/7.5 in writing. Would you suggest I should go for revaluation for all the 4 sections? Or should I just give a try in writing and speaking? Any thoughts/ personal experience will surely help me. As I am not in a situation to repeat IELTS exam again.

I am also in the same dilemma. I recently gave IELTS and got L-9 R-7 S-7 W-6.5. Just wanted 0.5 more in writing to get a good overall score. Your experience would really be helpful to take any further decision. Also, is it possible for marks to go even go lower after revaluation?

P.S. I feel my writing test went well and I was expecting around 7 - 7.5

Reactions: rclmont

rclmont

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hi

I am also in the same dilemma. I recently gave IELTS and got L-9 R-7 S-7 W-6.5. Just wanted 0.5 more in writing to get a good overall score. Your experience would really be helpful to take any further decision. Also, is it possible for marks to go even go lower after revaluation?

P.S. I feel my writing test went well and I was expecting around 7 - 7.5
Don’t waste your time, ask for reevaluation as soon as possible. Of course it is not a certainty that your marks will be raised, but they do not lower it, so you have nothing to lose besides money. I had two IELTS reevaluation experiences last year. On the first one, I asked reevaluation on Writing. I had a 6.5. However, they did not change the score. On the second reevaluation, I had a 6.5 on Speaking. It went up to 8.0 after the remarking.

So go for it!

Best wishes

Reactions: abhi@canada