+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS results

nomsagoronga

Jan 15, 2019
will rewriting IELTS improve my overall scores on my express entry profile?
I currently have 402 points;
My current scores;
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 9.0
Reading 9.0
Overall 8.5

william123

Nov 26, 2018
Your overall score is good.

But Scoring 7 in Writing will make a significant change in ur score.

Check CRS calculator to exactly see the difference.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
My current scores;
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 9.0
Reading 9.0
Overall 8.5
try scoring a 7.5 in writing with the same scores you have and you'll max out the IELTS.
You can ask for a remark because your other scores were really high and you might get a 7 or 7.5.

Ceyrahly

Jan 28, 2019
My current scores;
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 9.0
Reading 9.0
Overall 8.5
Please ask for EOR, your writing will most likely change to at least 7. Try simulating your CRS with this score but change writing to 7. You will be surprised

nomsagoronga

Jan 15, 2019
your score is pretty good. do you have any work experience?
Yes. I have been working as a qualified pharmacist since 2014 but it doesn’t seem like I got max points there. I’m not sure why. I also have a sibling who’s a Canadian resident and a spouse who’s also a pharmacist but my points are not a lot.
So I was wondering if there is a way to increase my points with rewriting English.

Ceyrahly

Jan 28, 2019
Yes. I have been working as a qualified pharmacist since 2014 but it doesn’t seem like I got max points there. I’m not sure why. I also have a sibling who’s a Canadian resident and a spouse who’s also a pharmacist but my points are not a lot.
So I was wondering if there is a way to increase my points with rewriting English.
You can re-write if you want to but in the main time, make an enquiry on your result. You might just be pleasantly surprised. This score is to good to go to waste

Ceyrahly

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you
To whom do I make an enquiry?
Did you write with BC or IDP? You can go to their office close to you to ask about the requirements for EOR. You have to pay a fee which will be refunded if your remark comes out positive. Bear in mind it could take a few weeks to get the result back. Except you didn't finish your writing task please give it a try.

NB: this can be done only within 6 weeks of getting your result

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
My current scores;
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 9.0
Reading 9.0
Overall 8.5
If you're comfortably sitting above 67 eligibility points, and CRS score is enough to secure you an ITA, then it's fine.
But if you're tight on any of these scores, your writing score is keeping you from scoring precious points for language proficiency! Your score will increase dramatically.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
with a sibling, you should score higher than 402. ensure you're calculating it right.

nomsagoronga

Jan 15, 2019
Did you write with BC or IDP? You can go to their office close to you to ask about the requirements for EOR. You have to pay a fee which will be refunded if your remark comes out positive. Bear in mind it could take a few weeks to get the result back. Except you didn't finish your writing task please give it a try.

NB: this can be done only within 6 weeks of getting your result
Thank you for your help. I wrote with IELTS and it’s past 6 weeks. I’ll weigh in my options.

nomsagoronga

Jan 15, 2019
I used the CRS calculator and it gives me 439 points. However, my express entry profile gave me 402 points, the difference being on my express entry I chose the wrong degree option so I tried to change that but the points didn’t change.
So is it wise to delete the profile and start a new one?