+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS results

linux

Apr 11, 2010
1. Do we need to send the IELTS result copy while sending to CIO office with new process?

If I assume 8 points in language I will get 68 points. All my education was done in english, I can send details explanation to CIO. I will write IELTS exam before sending to local VISA office.

I will send explanation letter and I will mark that eligible for language is that okay ?

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
linux said:
1. Do we need to send the IELTS result copy while sending to CIO office with new process?

If I assume 8 points in language I will get 68 points. All my education was done in english, I can send details explanation to CIO. I will write IELTS exam before sending to local VISA office.

I will send explanation letter and I will mark that eligible for language is that okay ?
Hi,
So far, there is no such a requirement mentioned in the checklist. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf
Please consult seniors.

Ice cube

ha2922

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2010
Doc's Request.
17-12-2009
linux said:

You don't need to send IELTS result with your initial application to CIO.... It will be required when you submit your complete application to concerned CHC.

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi:
Actually, CIO asked from not a long time to send the IELTS results with the initials documents.....I read that by myself....be sure sir before u send.....
Louay

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Louay said:
Hi:
Actually, CIO asked from not a long time to send the IELTS results with the initials documents.....I read that by myself....be sure sir before u send.....
Louay
That's mean That I have send IELTS results with application to CIO ??

Mashkoor akh louay we allah maak :)

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
HI,
You have to prove your language proficiency at the time you apply. I do not think you have to send original test result sheet. Perhaps a Notarized copy of your result sheet. If you could get two copies of test result, then you could send one copy with your intial application to CIC. NS.

please read the media release by CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply. This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing.”

Good luck
Ice cube

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ice Cube said:
HI,
You have to prove your language proficiency at the time you apply. I do not think you have to send original test result sheet. Perhaps a Notarized copy of your result sheet. If you could get two copies of test result, then you could send one copy with your intial application to CIC. NS.

please read the media release by CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

“The language requirements themselves have not changed,” said Minister Kenney. “But beginning April 10, 2010, prospective immigrants will be required to prove their English and French language abilities at the time they apply. This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing.”

Good luck
Ice cube
Please read the instructions you DON'T send your IELTS/TEF results to CIO They don't evaluate language.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Please read the instructions you DON'T send your IELTS/TEF results to CIO They don't evaluate language.
Hi,
Yes you are correct about the instructions guide. My first comment in this conversation, as you can see on top, supported this.
I think the instructions guide will be updated soon in the future, as well as the checklist. CIC website always advice for applicants to keep informed about new updates and changes to immigration program. They are still using 2009 instruction guide.

Don't you think that new applicants are on the safe side if they could prove their language proficiency, as it is a new requirement? (according to media release). For example, new applicants could send a notarized copy of their test results even if it is not asked by current instructions guide?
I have forwarded this matter to an immigration lawyer for clarification.
Thanks for your correction.
Ice cube