+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS results

F

fl_gnv

Application sent before new rules were enforced

Hello Friends

I sent my FSW application package with all the necessary documents on 14th November to the Buffalo consulate before the new rules came out. I have 74 points under the old system. I received a letter from the consulate dated March 18th with an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). The letter said that they have received my application package and it will be reviewed for eligibility under the new ministerial instructions before a decision is made. My occupation is included in the list of 38 occupations.They cashed the money order I sent them and sent me a receipt. Is anyone in a similar situation as mine? Has anyone received any further notification on their application? I'm trying to check my status online with the client status number provided in the AOR letter but it doesn’t pull up my record. Any reasons for this? Kindly reply.

Thanks in advance for your replies

dilawer02pg12

Star Member
Nov 17, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sifarsen said:
Dear All,
First of all ,I would like to thank all of you for your valuable inputs.I got my IELTS results today...and it was good...
Listening ----8.5
Reading -----6.5
Writing ------7
Speaking ----8.5
Overall ---7.5
So...I can claim 16 points for language.
Peace
dear how did you get such a brilliant result (band )

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Practice is the answer. Practice, practice, practice. There is no "fast track" in getting a good band.

A few tips that may be useful:

1) Read english newspapers. To be familiar with how words flow in formal sentences. How graphs and tables are described etc. Write down words that you do not understand and then look them up in the dictionary.

2) Watch english TV shows/movies. Try to get a hold of DVDs of english shows/movies so you can read the subtitles; then next time try to watch without the subtitles. I highly recommend cheesy popcorn while doing this exercise :)

3) Spend a lot of time conversing with friends whose native language is english. The more varied the accents the better.

4) If you do not have the patience to read whole novels, then I highly recommend for you to try to read books like "Chicken Soup for the Soul" for starters. The book contains several short stories that you can read and finish sometimes in one sitting. Just get yourself reading!

congratulations to sifarsen for achieving a very good score!

Apr 7, 2009
hello sifarsen,

you have done very well,can you send me the links to practice for my husband and any tips.Please send me through the mail id in my profile

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
go the FAQ questions, There are links I and others posted

Download the pdf and audio files and practice in test conditions.
Practice a LOT.
Always use test conditions, meaning use stop watch and dont cheat in practice.
I got 14 points doing so.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html;msg73197#msg73197

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
oum said:
Hi sifarsen,

Congrats for your result and I appreciate your efforts to help others.

Please help me with two questions-
1) are there any more useful links for IELTS that you suggest?
2) for a better score how many months of preparation is needed you think (though its a rough idea)?

regards
oum

Well oum...1)The more you practice,specially from longman and cambridge,the more are the chances that u will get a good score.
2)I think a month is more than enough if u really practice seriously...atleast 2-3 hrs a day( a rough idea).It is also a good idea to review the mock tests...so that u know what information is important and how to go about that...good luck

amritanayak25

May 22, 2009
Hi all,

Happened to bump into this site when i was browsing.Since i am also one of the newer ielts candidate who has just recieved her scores, i thought i should take a minute to leave this reply, you never know of what help it could be to someone whose looking for some info!

I scored a 8.0 score band in my IELTS. And trust me when i say this, its one of the most relevant and interesting exam i have given in a long time. Should anyone need any help or pointers to enable them prepare better, please let me know!!

thank you and all the best!!

Cheers