+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS result not released can affect chance for a PR?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
One of my IELTS results (went 2 times) will not be released. I probably have big difference in marks between categories, I was feverish on the day of the exam and totally failed one or two parts of the exam, I think listening was okay.

They reported me from IELTS this:

"The result will not be released and a Test Report Form (TRF) will not be issued.
A report has been made to the IELTS Test Partners and any nominated Recognising Organisations (including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities.)"

Anybody had this situation?

Can I lose my chance of PR because of this? I have my other IELTS result which is fine and included in EE profile.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
astralsource said:
One of my IELTS results (went 2 times) will not be released. I probably have big difference in marks between categories, I was feverish on the day of the exam and totally failed one or two parts of the exam, I think listening was okay.

"The result will not be released and a Test Report Form (TRF) will not be issued.
A report has been made to the IELTS Test Partners and any nominated Recognising Organisations (including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities.)"

Can I lose my chance of PR because of this? I have my other IELTS result which is fine and included in EE profile.
Sorry to hear about this. You paid the fee to take the exam and get the result. Since they decided not to release the result, will you get a refund for test fee? It's a lot of money to lose for something that's not your fault.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Unfortunately no, they have reminded me that I have signed these before taking the exam:

I understand that the IELTS Test Partners have a responsibility to all candidates and Recognising Organisations to ensure the highest confidence in the accuracy and integrity of test results and that the IELTS Test Partners therefore reserve the right to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for reasons of suspected malpractice or any other irregularity in the test process.
I understand that if I am suspected of engaging in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of IELTS, I may not receive a test result, and my test fee will not be refunded.
I understand that if any other person attempts to take the IELTS test in my place, both I and such person will be liable to prosecution.
I understand that details of any malpractice (including evidence of suspected malpractice) that has been established, is suspected, or is being formally investigated, may be provided to Recognising Organisations, including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities.

I accepted that I lost the money, but I am afraid they will contact CIC and say I am a fraud or something similar.

They can ruin people's lives with their "practices".

Thank you DelP.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Therefore it is essential to read all the terms and conditions. Can you share which city and centre this was.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
xpressentry said:
Therefore it is essential to read all the terms and conditions. Can you share which city and centre this was.
Serbia, Belgrade.
http://www.britishcouncil.rs/en

As they have stated, they have the right to "withhold any results in which they do not have confidence", as every other IELTS centre.

The only thing that worries me is that they could contact CIC and put me on some "black list".

Milanto

Jul 24, 2022

What is the update on this? Did it effect your PR application?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.