+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS REQUIREMENT

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Can someone tell me if IELTS is required only by the primary applicant or the dependent as well?

Regards,

AP

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If you were born in one of the 5 English-speaking countries and did most of your primary and secondary education in English, you need only write a "Statement of English Language Ability."

physicsece

Nov 15, 2007
I have been in USA for 8 years, did my Phd here, do I still need to take IELTS exam.

Please reply

thank You

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
physicsece:

Yes, you need to take the IELTS exam since English is not your first language.

c_j_l_1:

The "Statement of English Language Ability" is just a letter you write to CIC explaining your background and education to prove that you are a native English speaker. CIC will read the letter and determine whether you need to provide further proof of your language ability or if the letter alone will suffice.

You are only eligible to substitute the letter for IELTS if you are a native English speaker. And then it's still up to CIC to determine whether you need to take IELTS.

Dragon75

Nov 19, 2007
well, i don't think you need to take any test to proof that u can speak English. On the other hand, i was trying to post a question but can't figured it out how to do it. Can somebody tell me how, so i can start asking for info or giving info.

p.s. i can read and write in English and French. so all the info is welcome, oh and Spanish too.

thanks !!