+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS requirement: Getting married before soft landing

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I have a CoPR (marital status: single) and need to land in Canada before July 2019. However, I will be getting married in Jan 2019.

I believe that I will need to update CIC regarding the same and a new CoPR will be issued.

Will my spouse need to give the IELTS and submit the same set of documents that I submitted (PCC, transcripts, bank statements etc)?

Thank you very much.

jayscorp

Nov 10, 2018
My thoughts are that you avoid complicating your chances, find out if you can do spousal sponsored visa from outside Canada, if you can't, do a soft landing apply for it immediately or better still invite her as a visitor. Hope you succeed.

Reactions: kushagra452

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My thoughts are that you avoid complicating your chances, find out if you can do spousal sponsored visa from outside Canada, if you can't, do a soft landing apply for it immediately or better still invite her as a visitor. Hope you succeed.
Thanks.

One more query: If I do a soft landing in Canada before my wedding date (27 Jan) then will I be able to sponsor my wife after 27 Jan? Please bear in mind that my printed PR card will only reach me by mid March. I am in a dilemma whether to spend the air fare right now and do a soft landing only to find out that I won't be able to sponsor my wife.

Another thought that crossed my mind was to travel to Canada post wedding for my honeymoon. However, since I will be "married" (as per traditional rituals but no marriage certificate) landing using the present CoPR might be taken as a misrepresentation.

Trying to find the best way forward. Thanks for taking time to read and reply!

Regards