+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Remark?

dildar0408

Feb 7, 2017
Dear All,

I appeared for IELTS exam in Delhi on Feb 16, 2017 and got the following scores:
L - 8.5
R -8.5
W - 7.5
S - 6.5

I am not at all convinced with my speaking score. And because of this, I was not able to get CLB 9. I wish to go for remark of my score in speaking. However, I read conflicting advice only. I read on one thread that if there is 2 bands difference in any two areas, the results are automatically re-checked and there is no benefit of going for remark. Whereas on other thread I read that if there is 2 bands difference in writting and speaking, the results are automatically re-checked. I don't know what the reality is.

Please advice me whether it is worthwhile for me to go for recheck?

Hassan1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
I got something similar as well but i got 6.5 in writing and i went for rechecking already , i am hoping i ll get 7 in writing as i did well in that. If you are sure about the speaking test then go for rechecking. I have read this in this forum as well that if the difference is more than 2 bands then they check automatically but not too sure about this . Goodluck

hasanib92

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
09-02-2022
can you share what happened to ur remark?

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Hassan1988 said:
got the same old result.
Did you appear in Pakistan. If yes, did you receive any confirmation email from british council or AEO that your EoR application has been received ?

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
If your confident enough then please do go ahead with the remark. Have heard many success stories, but yes you need to be sure that you had done well.

tpsmant88

Aug 17, 2017
Hi,
I have just got my IELTS scores and they are as follows:
L 8.5
R 8.5
S 7
W 6.5
The 6.5 in writing is stopping me from getting CLB 9. Shall I go for revaluation as getting 7 in writing will give me CLB9 and will affect my CRS score majorly.
Kindly help.

Reactions: Tomi2

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
After being hopelessly depressed and submitting EoR with mixed feelings, I received a very pleasant surprise in mail today. I got my remarked TRF within a week and writing score changed from 6.5 to 7.5 taking my language points from CLB 8 to CLB 10.
So, my sincere advice to everyone who is sure they did better on their exam is to take their chance with remarking.

Best of luck.
Prayers for everyone who is going through the traumatizing journey of remarking.

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS (BC) taken on 30th September in Ottawa, Canada. Got the result (online) today:

L: 8.5
R: 9
W: 7.5
S: 6.5 :(

Is remarking worth a shot here?

Tayyab29

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,
After being hopelessly depressed and submitting EoR with mixed feelings, I received a very pleasant surprise in mail today. I got my remarked TRF within a week and writing score changed from 6.5 to 7.5 taking my language points from CLB 8 to CLB 10.
So, my sincere advice to everyone who is sure they did better on their exam is to take their chance with remarking.

Best of luck.
Prayers for everyone who is going through the traumatizing journey of remarking.
hey. any recommendation regarding writing material

mskherani

May 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

Best of luck.
Congratulation for success in EOR. Can you please tell your complete scores as I am also stuck in the similar situation as I had given Ielts through AEO PAK on 14th Oct and got L:8, R:7, S:7 & W:6.5
But I am slightly confussed as I had also given Ielts prior than this in May probably and got similar marks. I applied for EOR but unlucky me :(.
Want to do a bit recon before going for EOR again.
Thanks in Advance!