+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Remark prospects

noman_pe

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys!

I took IELTS Gen on 13th May and following are my scores: 8.5 Listening, 7.5 Reading, 7 Writing and 6.5 Speaking. Obviously, the last part ruined my CRS score. Still at a loss as I can't recall any serious mistake that lowered the speaking results. Any suggestions about going for a Remark? or better to retake IELTS?

Thanks.

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Hey guys!

I took IELTS Gen on 13th May and following are my scores: 8.5 Listening, 7.5 Reading, 7 Writing and 6.5 Speaking. Obviously, the last part ruined my CRS score. Still at a loss as I can't recall any serious mistake that lowered the speaking results. Any suggestions about going for a Remark? or better to retake IELTS?

Thanks.
I applied for the re-evaluation on April 14, and still waiting for the outcome. If you can wait, you should go for it.

Reactions: noman_pe

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hey guys!

Thanks.
Same case buddy! R8 L7.5 W7.0 S6.5

With additional 0.5 my CRS would shoot up to 428. Currently 384:( Should I apply for a remark? Any suggestions please? PS: Tis s my second attempt. In the first i scored R8.0 L7.0 W6.5 S6.5. but I m pretty confident that I did better this time in speaking. Still ended up with 6.5 ;:(

Popat

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Same case buddy! R8 L7.5 W7.0 S6.5

With additional 0.5 my CRS would shoot up to 428. Currently 384:( Should I apply for a remark? Any suggestions please? PS: Tis s my second attempt. In the first i scored R8.0 L7.0 W6.5 S6.5. but I m pretty confident that I did better this time in speaking. Still ended up with 6.5 ;:(
You miss 0.5 in two section to get CBL 9.

L should be 8 and S should be 7.

branda5

Apr 30, 2017
Sorry my bad.. L8.0 R7.5 W7.0 S6.5 :)
I think chances are less. It's your second attempt and you barely improved W 05, and speaking are the same. Because being L8 doesn't defer you can be S higher, if you were imroved your W to 7.5 then S 6.5 won't be fair. But If you think you did better than 1st one, possible. Anyway if you do, share it later

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudhar25

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
If you are confident that you did not made many mistakes, then go for it.
I think chances are less. It's your second attempt and you barely improved W 05, and speaking are the same. Because being L8 doesn't defer you can be S higher, if you were imroved your W to 7.5 then S 6.5 won't be fair. But If you think you did better than 1st one, possible. Anyway if you do, share it later
Yes even i thought of the same by comparing with W only 0.5. However, i could confidently say i hav given an equally improved performance in speaking like i did in writing. Tats y i am expecting a marginal rise of 0.5 (which is all that I wanted):)

qgon123

Feb 12, 2017
Yes even i thought of the same by comparing with W only 0.5. However, i could confidently say i hav given an equally improved performance in speaking like i did in writing. Tats y i am expecting a marginal rise of 0.5 (which is all that I wanted):)

It is s very difficult to judge yourself during speaking exam compare to writing, and every band-7 candidate is bound to mistakes. So I will not say that you should only go for EOR if you are fully confident that you performed well. If you can wait, and you wanna take a chance then go for it.

I scored same marks in Speaking, and I don't remember how I performed in this module because of exam pressure (a natural thing) but still I applied for re-evaluation and hopefully waiting for the outcome.

Reactions: Sudhar25

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
It is s very difficult to judge yourself during speaking exam compare to writing, and every band-7 candidate is bound to mistakes. So I will not say that you should only go for EOR if you are fully confident that you performed well. If you can wait, and you wanna take a chance then go for it.

I scored same marks in Speaking, and I don't remember how I performed in this module because of exam pressure (a natural thing) but still I applied for re-evaluation and hopefully waiting for the outcome.
Exactly! What you say is correct. For instance, i made a mild blunder when my examiner asked me "do you like travel by bus?". But I heard it as "do you like travel bypass" which never conveyed any meaning. Though I asked her to repeat i misheard the second time. Considering tats the v first question i faced and i thought probably i do not know a term something called "travel bypass" i spoke about my liking to travel in general. Later on in subsequent questions i figured out what she asked at first. But I managed rest of the conversation error free with no glitches. But felt very down about that silly embarrassing mistake i committed at first. Hope that blunder shouldnt be penalized for 6.5.:(

samijamal89

Jun 12, 2017
13 May, 2017: L7.5 R8.5 W7 & S6.5. Feeling absolutely gutted for the speaking result. What are the odds for increasing speaking by 0.5 if i opt for EoR. Need advise.