+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS preparation

Sabizari

Jan 17, 2020
Hi, I would like to migrate to Canada for work.
Need help regarding IELTS preparation tips and best book/study material to be bought from amazon.
Thank you

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
IELTS GENERAL TIPS! (my score LRWS -9,9,7.5,9)
Reading- The key factor is managing time. Be fast on the initial passages and focus more on the long passage that is usually at the end. The key to answering long passages is to use the SKIM & SCAN reading technique.
(i strongly suggest to read the question first and then read the passage for answers as this eliminates the chances of making assumptions)
1- Look for keywords
2- Facts that are exclusively mentioned are true else do not make any assumptions.
3- Practice practice and practice ! (under time a controlled environment)

Speaking- As a native English speaker i had no issues in acing the speaking test. My advice is to be confident and be as fluent as possible. The test is very basic and I believe the reason test takers under perform is due to stress and fear!

Listening - Watch English news channels such as BBC & CNN without subtitles to improve listening skills. My technique to tackle the listening section was to write down each word on the rough worksheet and then transfer it onto the computer at the end. IT is important to read the question ! it helps to anticipate answers.

Writing - I scored a 7.5 in this section mainly because i got lazy and the topic i got was very boring. You can use IELTS essential words and phrases available on the web to improve your vocabulary and sentence formation. The KEY here is to tell a story that is well linked.

Hope this helps!
(open to feedback)