+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS OVERALL BAND SCORE

greenminded

Sep 5, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would like to ask if what is the Overall band score required as immigrant skilled worker for IELTS? I took the Academic module 2 months ago but my overall band score was 6 only. My IELTS overall band score is acceptable or not? Do i have to retake the exam or is it recommended to make a 10-15 pages autobiography as supporting documents to my IELTS?

Looking forward for your answer guys... Thank you so much!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear ...

If you want to apply for PR . Then you have to take general Mode of IELTS . So you have to appear again in general

Mayank

greenminded

Sep 5, 2010
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am applying for PR.. according to my immigration consultant I have to take the Academic module.. does my overall band score qualified or not?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

greenminded said:
Yes I am applying for PR.. according to my immigration consultant I have to take the Academic module.. does my overall band score qualified or not?
Maybe you should tell your consultant to at lease read the instructions? See: OP 06 11.5

Section 11.5 – Updated the note regarding acceptable language testing results to clarify that, for
the IELTS reading and writing tests, only the results of the “General Training” tests are accepted
for CIC purposes and updated the reference to the organization responsible for administering the
CELPIP.

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
I got my general score like this listening 7 reading 6 writing 5 and speaking 6 over all band 6 do i need to take again the IELTS score can i provide some other documents to show my english proficiency because all my schooling i did in english and more over i need 11 points to qualify.I am looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

redstar said:
Hi Friends
I got my general score like this listening 7 reading 6 writing 5 and speaking 6 over all band 6 do i need to take again the IELTS score can i provide some other documents to show my english proficiency because all my schooling i did in english and more over i need 11 points to qualify.I am looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards
CIC/CHC will accept only the IELTs (or CELPIP) as your English ability. You got 8 points so you have a problem. You would need to re-take the IELTs before your application is assessed or your 120 day letter runs out.