+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts overall band is 6.0 but

Sep 10, 2010
Dear members,

My overall ielts score is 6 with writing & reading at 7. speaking at 6.5 and listening at 3.5

Will it affect the chances of immigration or can i apply with that.

Lower marks in listening is due to hearing problem.

Regards

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zulfiqar.halari said:
Dear members,

My overall ielts score is 6 with writing & reading at 7. speaking at 6.5 and listening at 3.5

Will it affect the chances of immigration or can i apply with that.

Lower marks in listening is due to hearing problem.

Regards
There is a great chance of rejection. 3.5 means below basic level. Sit for IELTS again

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how come u scored well in speaking section, did your examiner repeat herself/himself many times?
communication involves both speaking and listening skills.

Sep 10, 2010
Hi.
Examiner didnt repeat himself many times.
Actually, due to hearing issue, I am much comfortable with lip synching, so I can understand easily from the lips of ppls talking to me but not from some recorded or far away voice.
Regards

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much did u practice in exam like conditions, like on open speakers?

you are stuck in a difficult situation :'(

let me know how many words you can understand if two or three setences are spoken together.

im thinking if some tricks might help you to raise your score to 5.5-6.0 level in listening section.

I developed some tricks for listening section and that always helped me to locate answers right away in conversations even though I might have missed some words here and there during conversations.

First two sections are the easiest ones, the rate of speech is quite slow. I always scored 7.0 if i did really well in the first two sections.

Sep 10, 2010
I can understand anything if spoken infront of me.
But I am ready to try you tricks to increase score in listening band.
Can u let me know what shall i do.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please write your email address. I'll get back to you shortly.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
asad100101 said:
Sent email.
one of my friends is going to sit for IELTS and he is very week in listening section. It would be very helpful for him if you send some listening tips as well to his email address: dr.zakir39@gmail.com

Thank you in advance...

Liferocks

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Muscat
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
22-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
9-6-2010
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
The best way for listening practice is to listen to bbc channel everytime you are at home...........till you have finished your ielts exams only watch bbc channel and believe me brother it will greatly improve your listening skills............this will also help you in speaking test............work hard.......its only for some time...........then get good scores and relax............

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
one of my friends is going to sit for IELTS and he is very week in listening section. It would be very helpful for him if you send some listening tips as well to his email address: dr.zakir39 @ gmail.com

Thank you in advance...
I'll pass on listening tips and tricks to him but it is very important for me to know how applicants start off their listening section in practice tests. People have no clue how important time management is in the IELTS exam. You can not waste a single second wandering around. So I have some general questions for applicants.

here is my email address: asad100101 @ yahoo.com please get back to me with their answers then I'll provide them listening tricks.

1. How do they start off their listening section in practice/real tests?

2. How do they utilize 30 seconds that are given for a volume check (a short audio clip is played for a volume check)? Do they listen to this clip just for the volume check or do they start circling around key information in these 30 seconds?(if you have utilized this 30 seconds time for circling info on your questions, you will always have 30 seconds extra for circling info in other set of questions.). For me this 30 seconds period is a make or break for me.

3. How fast do they write answers on the question paper?

4. Do they circle key info like subjects,verbs, and objects on each question?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Liferocks said:
The best way for listening practice is to listen to bbc channel everytime you are at home...........till you have finished your ielts exams only watch bbc channel and believe me brother it will greatly improve your listening skills............this will also help you in speaking test............work hard.......its only for some time...........then get good scores and relax............
What I'd suggest to them.
Don't look at the screen.
Crank up the volume.
Take a note book next to them and keep their head focused on it.
Start writing down key info on their note book(not whole sentences, just two,three key words, it will really help them a lot in writing quickly on their exam paper).
Keep this practice for 30 minutes daily till exam date.
As I told you before, IELTS is all about time management, no matter how good you are at language skills but poor at time management you will skip answers.
You have got to be alert, at all times and you can not afford to be a lazy a.ss for a second.