+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on Jan 7th

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
My results are withheld :( Will have to wait several weeks now. I am booking another test for 11th Feb. Can't wait for these withheld results to be released.
How did you check your result as i am not able to choose the date for January 7, from the list.

IDP or BC?

lusafaty

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
I am very chatty so 8.5 in speaking is very easy for me. My wife is a journalist. She gave me writing exercises and made me write for 1 hour every day for a week before the exam. She checked my answers and corrected the little mistakes in grammar and punctuation. In my previous attempts, I read model answers and went to the test. There is a big difference between reading a written answer and writing it yourself. Little grammar, punctuation and spelling errors can add up. The first day of my writing practice, I barely reached the word count but as I progressed, I got better and scored 8. For reading and listening, just keep yourself awake and be attentive.
Since you brought up punctuation, I wonder how strictly the punctuation rules are enforced in their marking guide? As I read through model essays, I found several misuses of punctuation, some of which are quite obvious and unfortunate (not to sound like a grammar nazi). So I kind of get the impression that they are more lenient with punctuation mistakes than with, say, grammatical or lexical mistakes.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sometimes random candidates results are withheld for further checking.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
rkapoor said:
How did you check your result as i am not able to choose the date for January 7, from the list.

IDP or BC?
I did it through British council. They say the results are released on the 13th day at 10 AM GMT but it's actually released online at midnight.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lusafaty said:
Since you brought up punctuation, I wonder how strictly the punctuation rules are enforced in their marking guide? As I read through model essays, I found several misuses of punctuation, some of which are quite obvious and unfortunate (not to sound like a grammar nazi). So I kind of get the impression that they are more lenient with punctuation mistakes than with, say, grammatical or lexical mistakes.
My wife is a grammar nazi and she noticed mistakes too. I had a look at the guide for ielts examiners and they need to look at spellings, grammar, punctuation, flow of thought, word count and comprehension.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
I did it through British council. They say the results are released on the 13th day at 10 AM GMT but it's actually released online at midnight.
oh ..OK. All the best for your results and as well as for the coming IELTS exam.

I can see my results now.

SSRKRI

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Friends,

I achieved below score on 7th jan exam.

L 7 R 5.5 W 7 S 6
Overall 6.5

Am I eligible for EE system as my EE profile is ineligible because of IELTS score card expiry.

Please shed some light.

Thank you in advance.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
SSRKRI said:
Hi Friends,

I achieved below score on 7th jan exam.

L 7 R 5.5 W 7 S 6
Overall 6.5

Am I eligible for EE system as my EE profile is ineligible because of IELTS score card expiry.

Please shed some light.

Thank you in advance.
You need to have a minimum of 6 in all bands if you are the main applicant. Your reading score is 5.5. It won't be good enough.

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
Hi All,

I got my results total band 7- LRWS 7/7.5/6.5/6.5

Very disappointed with my speaking. I did very well on it. Cue card was on tell about a recent talk or meeting you attended. I spoke about cancer research in a meeting I attended. Maybe I used too much scientific jargon that got the examiner confused.

Giving my exam again on March 25th.

How did others felt about their results? especially as the listening section was tough?

Cheers,

G

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
Hello All ,
I have done the exam on 7th of jan and my result withheld too , first they ask me to send email supporting my result then second day they send anther email to neglect the first email and no need to send any supports . do you think sending supports can fasten the process or no need to send any support

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The listening was a bit tricky.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
None. I have been asked to wait for 6 weeks. It's a week today. I have 5 more to go.

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
xpressentry said:
I'm nervous about the results. I just hope I get the 8. I got the 8 in all sections in the previous attempts except the silly 6.5 in reading.
You performed well in all other sections, but why 6.5 in Reading? Did your reading exam had a lot of T/F/NG type of questions? more than 3 sections? Sorry to see that your next exam results are withheld...Best wishes for your next attempt.

G

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
xpressentry said:
None. I have been asked to wait for 6 weeks. It's a week today. I have 5 more to go.
have you submitted any support or evidence or you just received email that your result withheld