+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on April 8th

Mar 16, 2017
xibalban said:
0.5 less on listening (8 vs 7.5) really impacts, check it out for yourself.

Thats true.

You need to have minimum 8 in Listening or you will have to reappear for the exam (CLB 9)

Listening Page 2 answers..

INTERNET
LAND LINE or HANDSET

rajanuiet12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
srijan said:
I'm sure I heard line rental is free. I wrote line for this one. Not sure I heard handset as such. I thought of writing line rental but when I read the whole sentence again it is not right. I guess the question was something like rental of something is free? So I wrote line alone.
I wrote line too. Not sure if its correct.

X

xibalban

The CRS Calculator tool says there is change scheduled on June 6 2017. I wonder what those changes would be. In any case, I wish the following was relaxed:

1. Age: 30-40 same points
2. IELTS: Band 8 and above same points
3. No linkages between IELTS and Skill Transferability. Some skilled jobs are really non-verbal ;D

Will the actual CRS differ from the one predicted by the calculator of this website?

bluewaters87

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
meg1105 said:
Sharks
Cave
Club
Entertainment
Noisy
Television

Low Prices
Magazine
Flexible time
Fence
Free installation

Marking
Pupil behaviour
Relatively confident

Section 4 is about car development. I also cannot remember my answers.

Do u remember any answers from the section 3 (25,26,27,28,29 ) questions

i rememeber

25 --related to loudness
26-- reference to materials
29---observing pupils profile (eye -eye contact)

bluewaters87

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
meg1105 said:
Sharks
Cave
Club
Entertainment
Noisy
Television

Low Prices
Magazine
Flexible time
Fence
Free installation

Marking
Pupil behaviour
Relatively confident

Section 4 is about car development. I also cannot remember my answers.

do u remember any answer in the section 4 as " low lanes " i think it is for 36 question

40th question is the answer is town centre

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
rajanuiet12 said:
I wrote line too. Not sure if its correct.
Did anyone remember the question for answer "consultation" 37th question in reading. I couldn't remember what I wrote and already found out 5 questions were
Wrong neck of the moment :eek:

Spectrum90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I don't know what happened in the IELTS Test and now I dont even remember what I wrote and what I did. I just hope everything comes out okay.

Part I : Do you work or study
what kind of work
do you enjoy the work you do
what do you do in your leisure time

Part II : Define a time where you have to buy some special for someone
i. What was the expensive thing
ii. In the mean time, did you buy someone else till you get that thing
iii. What did you do when you got that thing

Part III:
What do you think about Technology and gadgets?
Is it good to be fast in the modern tech world?
How does society get affected in this fast modern world?
-- 1 more question but I don't remember

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
CLB 9 in all 4 grants you extra points related to say work experience.

It's the most significant way to gain extra CRS points.

The problem many of us suffer from is missing out in one of four tests and not getting those extra bonus points.

The even more idiotic system means you cannot even blend IELTS/CELPIP results to use your highest scores, how this is meant to be a true reflection of your standard of English escapes me.

If you struggle with writing I would recommend getting a tutor to help, I used one and did some very good 7/8 band essays in practice. However I failed to carry this over into the last exam, time pressure and flapping over the stance didn't help me.

If I had done the same exam on a computer in celpip I would have been fine, as how the F*** are you suppose to edit your essay in IELTS.

Points are dropping so if you are 410+ I would be cautious before booking another IELTS, even if you don't get the results you need to bump you into guaranteed ITA status. Unless there isn't another draw for 23 days like before then you could be wasting your money and effort.

I'm on 418 and waiting until after 26th to book celpip

dimdamfly

Mar 5, 2017
robb83 said:

The problem many of us suffer from is missing out in one of four tests and not getting those extra bonus points.

The even more idiotic system means you cannot even blend IELTS/CELPIP results to use your highest scores, how this is meant to be a true reflection of your standard of English escapes me.

If you struggle with writing I would recommend getting a tutor to help, I used one and did some very good 7/8 band essays in practice. However I failed to carry this over into the last exam, time pressure and flapping over the stance didn't help me.

If I had done the same exam on a computer in celpip I would have been fine, as how the F*** are you suppose to edit your essay in IELTS.

Points are dropping so if you are 410+ I would be cautious before booking another IELTS, even if you don't get the results you need to bump you into guaranteed ITA status. Unless there isn't another draw for 23 days like before then you could be wasting your money and effort.

Why do you say that points are dropping? Do you mean to say that they are accepting people with lessor points also? How would you have this information? When you apply does the system calculate your EE points and show you?

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xibalban said:
The CRS Calculator tool says there is change scheduled on June 6 2017. I wonder what those changes would be. In any case, I wish the following was relaxed:

1. Age: 30-40 same points
2. IELTS: Band 8 and above same points
3. No linkages between IELTS and Skill Transferability. Some skilled jobs are really non-verbal ;D

Will the actual CRS differ from the one predicted by the calculator of this website?
The only change to take effect is, the ones with their siblings in Canada will get 15 additional points.

X

xibalban

I'm hoping for a 7 in all sections. That's all I require for Australian Immigration.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sami5385@gmail.com said:
Guys only 2 days to go ... fingers crossed.. :-\

1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....1 DAY TO GO....

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
robb83 said:

I hope you got ITA now...