+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on 7 July IDP & BC review questions & answers

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
Thank you! Do you know how long it takes to get updated on my profile? Would it be the next draw or the one after that?
It just takes minutes in most cases.. i updated in a minute with the latest score and crs was calculated... you can update now

ranjhaji

Feb 14, 2018
Got my IELTS score of exam held on 7 July 2018 from BC Patiala. L 8.5, R 7.5, S 7 and W 6. Cannot believe to get such low score in writing. Last time I got 7 band in writing. It is unbelievable to score such a low score again.

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Got LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7... Should I go for Reval for Writing as I'm surprised to see low on Writing. Will Reval help to get addition 0.5 in Writing or giving a 2nd attempt makes sense?

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Got LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,7... Should I go for Reval for Writing as I'm surprised to see low on Writing. Will Reval help to get addition 0.5 in Writing or giving a 2nd attempt makes sense?
if you are confident then u can go for reval. It takes around 8 to 10 weeks of time. BTW, is IELTS website working? are you from India..Did you choose British council?

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Better to retake. There are chances that score will increase,but it’s very less. Decision is yours..

Jul 7, 2018
Got my IELTS score of exam held on 7 July 2018 from BC Patiala. L 8.5, R 7.5, S 7 and W 6. Cannot believe to get such low score in writing. Last time I got 7 band in writing. It is unbelievable to score such a low score again.
Even I am a little shocked at the way they have scored the writing section. I had written perfect answers with proper structure, high level vocabulary and used complex sentences also. I still got a 7 band in writing. Got 9 in reading. And 8.5 in listening so i do have a good command over the language.

S17

May 29, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Does anybody know if IDP dispatches TRF? If yes, by when should I expect to receive the same? Thank you!

Ehsanchan

Jul 20, 2018
Hi all,

I just received my IELTS result this morning, and it was disappointing. I only got 5 in speaking (L6.5 R7 and W6). This is my third test since the previous test I failed on writing which was only 5.5).

So far I never got less than 7 for speaking. I believe I did quite well like two tests before. Should I go ahead for EoR?

Thank You :(

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
This was my third attempt.
Got 6 in Writing what I literally cant believe. It can be that low! I had been writing 2 essays per day before the exam and my tutor sad that I should it be worry. I am quite confindent that I
the essay which I wrote was good. I think I failed in writing the letter but it cant affect a final score so much.
Becoming more confident that this exam is just a scam=(( And need to spend more money on this because there is no otter way to immigrate to Canada.

sanque

Jun 2, 2018
@sanque ,

Congratulations buddy!

If you don't mind, May I get a few tips for writing module?
Thank you! Sure, for writing what I followed is having a structure. This is really important.

Task 2: Topic from my exam was:

''If sending kids to school in the nursery is good as they can spend time with family OR should they be straight sent to primary school. Argue both sides and pick one decision.''

1st para: Intro 3-4 lines
I paraphrased the question and said both has its positive and negative but my essay will illustrate why I prefer to have them going to nursery school first.

2nd para: Body
discussed why sending them to primary can be a good choice:
-children get to spend time with family
-more chances of bonding
-family/parents can take care of their children better than anyone else

But,
-sending children straight to primary could be overwhelming for children and it could be very hard for them to adjust to the new environment, crying to go home, not being able to mix in a social environment

3rd para: Body
discussed why they should be sent to nursery- I chose this side of the argument so I mentioned more points here and this paragraph was more elaborate than the 2nd para:
-child learn more at nursery as schools are more structured, e.g. playing games, drawing, watching cartoons together
-becomes social
-learns new things from different kids at the nursery, learns to share
-when kids attend primary school after nursery, they are more accustomed to such an environment so it is easy for them to settle
-parents can get more time off for themselves, especially as it allows both parents to be active professionally which allow the family to have higher income and therefore, better state of living-better schooling, food etc.

But, (you could make a small para here)
-it has to be made sure that parents should allow time for children so proper bonding takes place - should not be totally indulged in work
So, I strongly urge that sending them to nursery school outweighs the benefits of not sending them to school.

4th para: Conclusion 2-4 lines
In conclusion, children are sensitive, they require lots of attention and nurturing. Both parents affection and support as well as sending them to the nursery can have positive outcomes of a child development's if it is balanced well and blah blah blah..''

As you can see, I had a clear statement of purpose in each of the paragraphs, and I made a point why I support one side of the argument. From my understanding what the examiner expects you, is to be able to carefully evaluate different sides of an argument and then establish a point for yourself why you picked up one side of it. Read different modules essays from various IELTS help sites with a band score of 8 you will get an understanding of the structure.

Do use linking words for each paragraph. It is absolutely crucial. Example - Firstly, Secondly, Moreover, A contrary explanation is that, Consequently, Correspondingly, Furthermore, In addition to, In the light of, Undoubtedly, On the other hand, As we know, Although, Nevertheless, On that train of thought, In conclusion, In summary, To gather it up all, To sum it up and so on''

Oh one important tip: take 5 mins to write down your ideas in points on the exam booklet (not in your task paper).
Write no more than 5 paragraphs in total and write at least 170 words for Task 1 & 270 words for Task 2. If you can manage time and have proper content write more - I never ended up counting my words and for Task 1 I wrote 1.8 pages and for Task 2 3.5 pages (I am usually very fast in writing so I could manage but would not recommend doing so unless you manage time well and have a good content).

Task 1:
(check out some IELTS help sites for formats, salutation etc.)
Examples:
Formal letter-
Dear Sir/Dear Madam,

Yours faithfully,

Dear Mr. xxx,

(Greetings!)

Yours sincerely/Best Regards/Kindest Regards

Informal letter-
Hi/Hello/Dear xxx

Love/Take care/See you soon/With best wishes/Hope to hear from you soon, and so on

For informal letters, you could use the shortened form of words and also have an informal tone, e.g. won't, can't, would've, chillin', balling, sounds cool to me and so on

I hope it helps! All the best everyone :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cp30985