+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS OF SPOUSE

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
H
Thank you. Ive checked it already and it is eligible for 5 points☺
Hi! I have a question and was hoping you can help. I have the same situation here, my spouse and I are applying for express entry. I am the main applicant and she is the secondary applicant. She did the ielts and got terrible scores (2 bands below 5 and 2 bands above 5) but we noticed that our crs score increased by 5 points (464 to 469). My questions are:
-can she apply with me for express entry even if she didn't do well in the ielts? Or should I apply alone and add her to my application when she has a good ielts score? My last question is: it doesn't seem logical that our score increased by 5 even though she did a terrible job in the ielts, is the crs calculator accurate? Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
H

Hi! I have a question and was hoping you can help. I have the same situation here, my spouse and I are applying for express entry. I am the main applicant and she is the secondary applicant. She did the ielts and got terrible scores (2 bands below 5 and 2 bands above 5) but we noticed that our crs score increased by 5 points (464 to 469). My questions are:
-can she apply with me for express entry even if she didn't do well in the ielts? Or should I apply alone and add her to my application when she has a good ielts score? My last question is: it doesn't seem logical that our score increased by 5 even though she did a terrible job in the ielts, is the crs calculator accurate? Thanks!
If your score is 469 with your spouse include in the score then include her. take the extra 5 points.

Reactions: 17ha15

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
If your score is 469 with your spouse include in the score then include her. take the extra 5 points.
Even if she scored very low on her ielts? Would this be a reason that the officer might eliminate her for the application or delay our application? Are you saying that the result is based on the crs score only? thanks!

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
Even if she scored very low on her ielts? Would this be a reason that the officer might eliminate her for the application or delay our application? Are you saying that the result is based on the crs score only? thanks!
The officer will only look at the main applicant documents. Your spouse is included as your dependent family so her low ielts will not affect or delay your application. It will add points so better include it. However if you deside to take another ielts and she can do better, then you can claim higher points.

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
The officer will only look at the main applicant documents. Your spouse is included as your dependent family so her low ielts will not affect or delay your application. It will add points so better include it. However if you deside to take another ielts and she can do better, then you can claim higher points.
Hi! thank you for your reply!
1-So this question was asked in the express entry application (Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?), and I answered yes. Does this mean she is accompanying me or is she considered as dependent family?
2- She basically got good grades on listening and reading and bad grades on writing and speaking ( writing 4 and speaking 3.5). Are you sure its not a problem and that we can go forward with the application since our crs score is high? thanks!

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
Hi! thank you for your reply!
1-So this question was asked in the express entry application (Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?), and I answered yes. Does this mean she is accompanying me or is she considered as dependent family?
2- She basically got good grades on listening and reading and bad grades on writing and speaking ( writing 4 and speaking 3.5). Are you sure its not a problem and that we can go forward with the application since our crs score is high? thanks!
Thats too low ro claim points the minimum is LRWS 5,4.5,5,5. Maybe she needs to take again

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
If she gets minimal points
Thats too low ro claim points the minimum is LRWS 5,4.5,5,5. Maybe she needs to take again
If she gets minimal points (3 each) on her speaking, listening, writing, and reading; our crs score increases by 5 points! If she gets better grades, our crs score can increase much more than 5. My question is not based on crs score, I just want to make sure that the officer won't deny our application because of her low grades on ielts.

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
If she gets minimal points

If she gets minimal points (3 each) on her speaking, listening, writing, and reading; our crs score increases by 5 points! If she gets better grades, our crs score can increase much more than 5. My question is not based on crs score, I just want to make sure that the officer won't deny our application because of her low grades on ielts.
Her score is too low. She needs to meet the minimum. I think they won't deny because she is not the peincipal applicant. Ielts of spouse is just for claiming points

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Her score is too low. She needs to meet the minimum. I think they won't deny because she is not the peincipal applicant. Ielts of spouse is just for claiming points
SO basically you are saying there is a minimum score for spouses? Because you mentioned above that there is no minimum. Even if she gets all zeros, our crs score will increase by 5 points. I’m confused whether the officer needs a minimum band score for each section or not.

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
SO basically you are saying there is a minimum score for spouses? Because you mentioned above that there is no minimum. Even if she gets all zeros, our crs score will increase by 5 points. I’m confused whether the officer needs a minimum band score for each section or not.
There is a minimum ni IELTS! I mention above the minimum score is L5, R4.5, W5, S5. She needs to score at least like that to claim points.