+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 25th 2017 ( today) - experience?

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Lailina said:
I think you need to check the CRS table once again, because if you maxed it in the official language section (and you did, 128, with a spouse I guess) then even if you get band 9 in all 4 sections, it will not fetch you more points. For transferability CLB 9 is maximum needed
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

Anyway, as you have already had the test, just wish you better results :)
Sounds likely :eek: before registering for this IELTS i had second thoughts. I was 'recommended' to take another test, just in case the combination of scores between L, R, W, S may work a miracle in improving CRS score. At the moment that is the only thing I can do to increase CRS score :'(

rocky789

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA Received 04 May
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Best of luck

You showed the courage to give it again. Hopefully you will get the required score this time.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KingKurly said:
I gave IELTS BC test on 4th March, never have tried IDP test. My result was due to be published online on 17th March. It didn't happen. Hence i called to British Council on 20th March and they confirmed me that my paper has gone for re-check and it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks. Did anyone experience such thing before. I hope it has went for re-check for good thing! Hoping and praying. My third attempt, good grace.
The other person is correct that when there is a huge difference in scores, then they send ur test for rechecking.
Same thing happened with me last year from BC. The result was delayed by 3 MONTHS. Yes thats correct full 3 MONTHS delay.
And the score came out: LSRW 9.0 7.5 6.5 8.5 (I was overwhelmed to get 8.5 in writing and shocked with 6.5 in reading)
Do not ask me how I got 8.5 in writing, I am struggling to achieve 7 in writing now.
My Jan.17 IDP result : LSRW 8.5 7.0 8.0 6.5

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can also recollect having written these answers from Listening:
Uniform
Exceptional circumstaces

I think we should be discussing Writing as this is the most difficult section, while Listening and Reading are comparatively easier

In Task 2 Writing Essay
Some people criticize Govt. spending on Wildlife as there are more important things ...blah...blah. TO what extent do you agree or disagree ?

Intro Para:
Paraphrased the topic observation
I supported the viewpoint of diverting funds towards better causes than wildlife protection because well being of Humanity should be dealt with utmost priority.

1st Para:
Social Well being factors helping in better healthcare for every human being
less infants deaths due to malnutrition etc..
less adult deaths by controlling drugs addiction

2nd Para:
Economic prosperity factors for humanity
Leads to more jobs, higher income, better standard of living and poverty eradication
Better performing economies constitute MNC's and NGO's that contribute a part of profit towards wild animal protection, so no need for govt funding

3rd Para:
Self-sufficient Habitats
Many regions in world are forested areas untouched by human presence and doesnt need govt spending
They self sustain their environment supported by natural factors

Conclusion:
SHE-IT HAPPENED
I was short of time and just paraphrased my viewpoint with lots of grammatical mistakes.

I assume my evaluation will be based something like this:
GRA (Grammatical mistakes): 6.5
LR (Lexical resources): 7.0
TA (Task Achievement): .............
CC (Coherence & Cohesion): .............

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadian said:
I can also recollect having written these answers from Listening:
Uniform
Exceptional circumstaces

I think we should be discussing Writing as this is the most difficult section, while Listening and Reading are comparatively easier

In Task 2 Writing Essay
Some people criticize Govt. spending on Wildlife as there are more important things ...blah...blah. TO what extent do you agree or disagree ?

Intro Para:
Paraphrased the topic observation
I supported the viewpoint of diverting funds towards better causes than wildlife protection because well being of Humanity should be dealt with utmost priority.

1st Para:
Social Well being factors helping in better healthcare for every human being
less infants deaths due to malnutrition etc..
less adult deaths by controlling drugs addiction

2nd Para:
Economic prosperity factors for humanity
Leads to more jobs, higher income, better standard of living and poverty eradication
Better performing economies constitute MNC's and NGO's that contribute a part of profit towards wild animal protection, so no need for govt funding

3rd Para:
Self-sufficient Habitats
Many regions in world are forested areas untouched by human presence and doesnt need govt spending
They self sustain their environment supported by natural factors

Conclusion:
SHE-IT HAPPENED
I was short of time and just paraphrased my viewpoint with lots of grammatical mistakes.

I assume my evaluation will be based something like this:
GRA (Grammatical mistakes): 6.5
LR (Lexical resources): 7.0
TA (Task Achievement): .............
CC (Coherence & Cohesion): .............
I think it's very difficult to recall and reassess as far as writing test is concern....because grammar and sentence structure play a vital role in getting good marks and it depends on the very moment in which you are writing...considering some simple topic, if you are getting good ideas and your are in peak/good form of your writing and focused, you can get good marks...and on the other hand with the same topic, if you are stressed, unable to concentrate and under pressure, you will end up getting bad marks.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
When you have an unusual difference in the scores for each section, say 8 in LRS and 5 in W, then the papers are sent for rechecking as they want to make sure that there was no error in the checking.
Thanks for the clarification mate! Glad to give you your first +1 ;) Hopefully good score is on its way. I guess the person at BC told me the same but it was hard to understand her. Good luck with the next draw. I'm sure you are going to get that silver email very soon. Cheers.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadian said:
The other person is correct that when there is a huge difference in scores, then they send ur test for rechecking.
Same thing happened with me last year from BC. The result was delayed by 3 MONTHS. Yes thats correct full 3 MONTHS delay.
And the score came out: LSRW 9.0 7.5 6.5 8.5 (I was overwhelmed to get 8.5 in writing and shocked with 6.5 in reading)
Do not ask me how I got 8.5 in writing, I am struggling to achieve 7 in writing now.
My Jan.17 IDP result : LSRW 8.5 7.0 8.0 6.5

Aww man, that must be so disappointing rite! I'm sorry to learn that. Sometime just 0.5 can determine our life long future rite! 3 months is a very lengthy delay. How an earth they need 3 full months to re-check a copy. Unbelievable. Well i am confident enough with RWS to get 7 or above. Listening is the main area of worry. I need at least 35 to get band 8 and i know for sure i made 2 mistakes, of which 1 is unacceptable to my level. 2 other i made guess. So if its my time, i will make at least 1 guess correct out of 2. I still have time to wait for the result as i can't create profile until second week of May cos of work duration requirement. I will give a call to BC at the end of next week and see what happens.

Anyways, i wish you the best if you are planning to re-take IELTS test. My advice for you to writing is to try practicing writing in an official IELTS writing sheet. That way you know exactly how much to write to meet the word count. Its better not to write too lengthy essays. Last year i wrote more than 350 words for part two and that's when i scored my lowest in writing, 6.5. Try 175-180 words for part 1 and 280-300 for part 2. +1 for sharing your experience with me. Thank you and cheers :)

Msolanki

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
One thing I want to know is that I HV given ielts on march25 and I HV doubt in listening to get 8. So shud I book next date or Shu I wait for the result. Is there any impact on result if we book the date before result???

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msolanki said:
One thing I want to know is that I HV given ielts on march25 and I HV doubt in listening to get 8. So shud I book next date or Shu I wait for the result. Is there any impact on result if we book the date before result???
No there is no impact on results. If you don't want to wait for the results to come out and if you are certain that you won't make it(You've made more than 5 false answer) then you should book next test before all sessions are full.

Msolanki

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
ayshilal said:
No there is no impact on results. If you don't want to wait for the results to come out and if you are certain that you won't make it(You've made more than 5 false answer) then you should book next test before all sessions are full.
Thnx buddy. One more thing that can we cancel the date if the result comes gud as I am not that sure whether I will get 8 or not sure other way round too.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Msolanki said:
Thnx buddy. One more thing that can we cancel the date if the result comes gud as I am not that sure whether I will get 8 or not sure other way round too.
Yes you can cancel the test but you might not get full refund for that.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Msolanki said:
when you book a test, the system will give you the deadline after which no cancellation, change of dates etc is possible.

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msolanki said:
I don't know about cancellation deadline, I think it depends on your test center.

But I know you will lose %30 of your money

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msolanki said:
Once you enter the last 30 days period leading to the test date, it is impossible to cancel the test, subject to rare emergencies like hospitalisation or death of a family member.

Either way, if you are eligible to cancel the test, then they will penalise you with INR 2500 to 3000 to reschedule or get a refund.

My suggestion, if you are expecting low band in more than 1 module (ex:Reading & listening), then you may proceed to book another test.
In case, you are expecting low band in writing, take your time to prepare, booking next available slot wont help.
And if you are only worried about ur Listening section, then wait for the result cos choosing b/w IDP or BC doesn't make a difference in objective modules like L&R.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nabilkhan said:
I think it's very difficult to recall and reassess as far as writing test is concern....because grammar and sentence structure play a vital role in getting good marks and it depends on the very moment in which you are writing...considering some simple topic, if you are getting good ideas and your are in peak/good form of your writing and focused, you can get good marks...and on the other hand with the same topic, if you are stressed, unable to concentrate and under pressure, you will end up getting bad marks.
Again I should have been specific, that we can at least ascertain "Task Achievement" (TA) score by sharing and analysing each others ideas used in writing Task 2 essay.

What do you guys think about my Task 2 outline of ideas, have I answered the task with appropriate ideas or did it go haywire ?

What were your topic sentences and ideas ?