+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 02 connect here

s_surg

Feb 26, 2019
Hello Good morning

I had my specking test today at BC. This is the questions list

Section 01

Where do you come from?
Have you lived for a long time in your current city?
How much do you like this city?
Why you like here?
Do you think this city will change in future?
Who is your favorite movie star?
Why you like him/her?
Have you seen a movie star somewhere?

Section 02 : Que - Card

Describe a party that you have participated

Where it was
What is the reason
who are the gusts

Section 03

Have you discussed about the party with your friend
Are there any parties in you country people participate with family
What is the most important festival in your country
How this festival effect tourist industry in your country.

hello, did you take the speaking test 4 days before the written exam? are these the speaking questions of 02 march exam?

s_surg

Feb 26, 2019
Yes my writing, listening and reading is on 2nd March
by the way, I don't know the subject so much as you, is it definite that we'll get the same questions in another country? it's obvious that you had a lot experience.

NK132

Feb 25, 2019
Some people think that the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences. Others, however, believe there are better alternative ways of reducing crime.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.

Write at least 250 words.

IELTS Essays - Model Answer
Crime is a serious and growing problem in most societies. Although many people believe that the best way to tackle this is to place people in prison for longer periods, others are of the opinion that other measures will be more effective.

There are benefits of giving offenders longer prison sentences. Firstly, spending a long time in prison provides an opportunity for the prison services to rehabilitate a prisoner. For example, someone who has committed a serious offence such as assault will need a long time in prison in order to be sure they can be re-educated not to re-offend. In addition to this, longer prison sentences will act as a deterrent for someone who is thinking of committing a crime.

However, some people argue that leaving people in prison for a long time means that they will mix with other criminals and so their character will not improve. One alternative is community service. This gives an offender the opportunity to give something positive back to society, and so it may improve their character. Also, the government could focus its resources on the causes of crime, which would lead to less crime in the future.

In my opinion, it is important to look at alternative methods. Many countries have lengthy prison sentences, but crime has continued to increase throughout the world, so it is clear that this is not completely effective. That said, long prison sentences should remain for those who commit serious crimes such as assault or murder, as justice for the victim and their family should take priority.

To conclude, there are good arguments for and against long sentences, so governments must continue to research the various methods of crime reduction to ensure effective policies are in place.

(290 words)

Many people are too scared to leave their home because of a fear of crime. Some people think that more should be done to prevent crime, whereas others feel that nothing can be done.

What are your views?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.

Fear of Crime Essay - Model Answer

Over recent decades, there has been an increasing fear of crime in many countries. Although some think that there is little that can be done to reduce the levels of crime, I believe there are measures that can be implemented.

Those that believe that nothing can be done hold this view for several reasons. Firstlly, they think that a fear of crime is a state of mind perpetuated by the media. For example, we are constantly bombarded with negative news stories about crime and violence on our streets. Thus the belief is that whatever we do to reduce levels of crime, people will still be scared. Another belief is that crime is caused by wider structural issues in society that are too difficult to tackle, such as the growing income gap between the rich and the poor. Little then can be done about this issue in our capitalist societies.

However, I feel that there are solutions that will ensure people feel safer outside their homes. Governments can increase the numbers of police in local communities and more ‘neighbourhood watch’ schemes should be encouraged, both of which increase safety and deter crime. The media should also be encouraged to present more positive stories in the news about how crime is being tackled rather than the focus on the negative. In terms of the structural issues, governments should attempt to tackle issues of poverty through better income distribution.

To conclude, there is a widely held view that nothing can be done to prevent crime. In contrast to this opinion, I would argue that there are options available that would help prevent crime and therefore reduce the fear of crime.

(277 Words)

NK132

Feb 25, 2019
Formal examinations are the only effective way to assess a student's performance. Continual assessment such as course work and projects is not a satisfactory way to do this.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

IELTS Model Essay Answer

Many educational establishments such as schools and universities are choosing to assess their students through course work and projects undertaken during term time rather than the traditional examinations. Continual assessment can be an effective way to evaluate student’s abilities, but formal examinations should also be maintained.

There are two principal benefits of formal examinations. Firstly, they are a fair system as every student has an equal opportunity since they all sit the same exam at the same time, meaning that those students who work hard should be rewarded with a high grade. In addition to this, it is also difficult to cheat if the exam is properly invigilated. However, some students naturally excel in exams, whereas others find it difficult to work under these stressful and time-constrained conditions. Formal exams, may not, therefore, always reflect a student’s true ability.

Continual assessment, on the other hand, allows those students who work at a slower pace more time to work on their course work and projects. The teacher can also observe and assist students who may be weaker, thus providing them with the opportunity to improve during the term. Not only this, projects encourage teamwork, an important skill that is necessary for future employment. Focusing only on formal exams may mean that this important component of children’s development is not seen as important by teachers or students.

To conclude, it is evident that both continual assessment and formal examinations are effective in different ways, but they also have weaknesses. I would, therefore, argue that in order to have robust evaluation procedures in the future, both should be used to assess students during their education.

Reactions: Sandeep k8080

rsh_44

Feb 8, 2019
by the way, I don't know the subject so much as you, is it definite that we'll get the same questions in another country? it's obvious that you had a lot experience.

Hi, I did the exam a number of time both BC and IDP, most of the time questions are the same in Asia and Africa region, specially India, Sri Lanaka, Saudi , Nigeria. Please google recent IELTS specking questions. There are many forums discussing the recent question according experiences of candidate who did the exam two three days back. They have published their exam questions soon after they faced the specking test . Most of the time examiners follow the same question booklet. So you can have an idea what type of questions will come in your exam by referring them. Please follow following reference web sites - Liz IELTS - recent exam questions, IELTS buddy. Good luck for your exam.

Reactions: s_surg