+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS LMIA

Gev Ian

Jan 2, 2019
Greetings,

Is it required to have ielts when applying LMIA, work permit? My employer recently told me service canada told her about ielts. And also i've been waiting for the result of my LMIA its a year now Aug 2018 - Sept 2019.

Position: Personnel Clerk
Province: Canoe, BC
Applied: Aug 2018
Place of origin: Philippines

Hassanhussain

Jun 29, 2019
Greetings,

Is it required to have ielts when applying LMIA, work permit? My employer recently told me service canada told her about ielts. And also i've been waiting for the result of my LMIA its a year now Aug 2018 - Sept 2019.

If you have supervisor or managerial visa its recommended to have oelts before you apply work permit. Band does not matter.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Greetings,

Over a year for an LMIA does not sound normal and neither does the job which would expect to be able to be filled by a resident. How convincing is the employer that this is being pursued ?

Gev Ian

Jan 2, 2019
Over a year for an LMIA does not sound normal and neither does the job which would expect to be able to be filled by a resident. How convincing is the employer that this is being pursued ?
I don't know either but what she said when she made a follow up with service canada was to be patient. She wanted to hire foreign worker because she was tired of re training employee every time they resign i guess.