+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - JUST A BUSINESS OF MAKING MONEY

kanada2011

Feb 1, 2011
I think it is silly to test ones English by Test an immigration officer can testify knowledge of candidate by speaking applicant and why only IELTS ? I can perhaps understand those to be testified for those applying for citizenship but not immigration purpose only

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
8777 and 6 each seems to be not much difference in English skills.
Why are you struggling to get 8 points in IELTS then?

I concur , from my experience i have noticed that they somehow reduce band by 0.5 percent which leads to a low CRS score . from last 3 attempts i have received 6.5 in writing but never a 7 , what i heard from some people is that this is done intentionally by Cambridge as it has become a money making goose for them. Tomorrow even if i achieve 8777 i will say its a scam as there is no transparency of Results , as they never tell u in writing task where u have committed a mistake or wht wrong sentences have caused Ur marks to go down , because tht way each individual will become well focused and write a band 9 essay . how many of Individuals migrated still posses poor communication skills but some how they have passed thru. I think there should be fair and transparent method of sharing results with all mistake underlined and explained.
Look, I don't want to brag but I am not an English native speaker and I spent around 1 hour on the evening before my IELTS test to get familiarized with the exam. I got 8.5. And I really messed up my speaking section because I skipped multiple points in the independent speaking section, yet I got 8 for speaking. You see that my experience is different. You know why? Because IELTS is a simple language test and should be treated like one. It's not science. What a lot of people spend so much money on are exam preparation kits. People spend tons of money on books, sample tests, special IELTS tutors etc. What they should be spending their time and money on is a way to practice their language skills. That's it.

Instead of studying the words and grammatical structures you will have to use within the IELTS test context, you just need to be fluent in English. That's what this exam is testing.

Reactions: Mr_Chang

Captain3bs

Nov 10, 2018
Your suggestions are falling on deaf years, sir !

I’ve a humble suggestion for you, quoting the words of C S Lewis- ‘We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending’.

Please try expending your energies on improving scores on the IELTS test- I was an applicant who had a score of 369 as a result of 0.5 lesser band in Listening. On my 2nd attempt, I did practice loads of tests (along with spouse) thus boosting my overall score to an impressive 444. Please bear in mind that my age was 35 coupled with a Master’s degree and over 8 years of management experience.

Let me know how I can help you in this endeavour- it’s pretty forthright, simple, and interesting to navigate these waters.

Thanks for your suggestion , if you can help me in writing part tht would be great can u pl share with me ur insights tips and tricks about writing at.captain3bs@gmail.com I would highly appreciAte tht..

SUNK

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,

IELTS - is just a way to make money and Canada like countries becoming rich.

One Side Canada says if you have 6 each you are eligible to apply in Express Entry and with 6 each your CRS scores falls below 400 and keep sitting for years to receive an ITA.

Second side Canada says if you recieve 8 7 7 7 in IELTS you will get an ITA.

For - 6 each band you are eligible but in actual not eligible. Just to fetch money with low band scores and let them sit in pool to relax.

6 each doesn't means one can't hold good English skills but 8777 you consider only. Then why 6 each you have mentioned as eligible. It reflects 8777 is only eligible. Just want money from 6 each people also this is a big game to make people fool all over world.

Ony IELTS give you score. Not if you have Master Degree, even 6+ work experience is a waste for you.

No Immigration rules/changes for low score candidates. Its just seems to be a money making business only.
It’s better that Canadian Immigration standards are high. Otherwise, there would be no difference between 1st world and 3rd world countries. It’s true that sometimes IELTS results are unfair for those who deserves CLB9 or more in their initial attempts.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
IELTS is just a barrier to stop flooding of people getting immigration...6 each means a person is well capable to survive with his/her English skills...No Doubt in this.

8777 and 6 each seems to be not much difference in English skills. Just a way to fetch money.. Entrepreneurs who invest tones of money to get PR and this million-billions use Canada for country's development. These investors get PR without IELTS or 4 band each...Clearly reflects money is the game only. If you are rich and 5th class failure no worry get PR easily. These peoples won't trouble Canadians...How funny??

85% of skilled workers who migrate Canada are not working in their fields and mostly of them working on NOC C OR D categories which directly they don't hire..Unless until you are a scientist you won't have a skilled job in hand.

The only problem in Canada is harsh weather and extreme frostbite cold. This is the reason aging is fast in Canada. You become old 10-15 years early or even more i.e. number of deaths are more than number of births and many think where million of immigrants gone every year??

It's very unfair Masters degree in simple arts and Master degree in Science both scores same.. Science is more tough than arts but no weightage given to science master degree holders. They think all studies are same..huh? All is game of just Language nothing else. Even a broken English speaker can survive in Canada also but they don't think this much.
So much drama and inaccuracies. First of all, Canada is not a shareholder of the IELTS exam. They have adopted this test as they believe it is fair in assessing individuals levels of English.

Do you know how many people are in the pool at any given time? The points system is in place so that the most deserving are invited for application.

You are forgetting the PNP and other programs which allow candidates with less than the federal cut-off to go through. If they are not in the pool how are they going to be selected by the province?

As for myself I believe the system is excellent and certainly better than the lottery system in a certain country at the south.

English and French are the official languages of Canada and regardless of your degree, not having the necessary language skills will negatively affect your integration in this country.

Don't even get me started on the relationship between the cold, aging and death rate. Canada's life expectancy stands among some of the highest in the work so whatever you said is very far from the truth.

Reactions: greenboymx

Rajanila

Jan 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
There should be a way to make that exam competitive, unfortunately, this exam is a key player to restrict the large group of immigrating aspirants. There are other sections which are increasing the score as like blood relation living in Canada, Province nomination and job offer or experience in onshore emoyement. However, increasing the IELTS score is much wider option.
One another thing is that, Only Brthish and Australia are gaining from IELTS test because they are organising and administrating. Recently Canada joined the club through CELPIP but it is not widely popular..
Blaming the Canada is not the right decision they are the participants only.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Its all just a game to make money..

Under Investor Visa you need only CLB 4... So how come these kind of people are acceptable by Canada?? CLB4 means the person even can't say a simple sentence perfectly and you give PR on basis of his funds...

Canada needs money only. If you are rich get PR even without IELTS also and bring your illiterate family also as Canada has no problem you give million dollar and we will allow illiterates and even those who not knows A letter of English.

Today I saw news Atlantic Pilot Program has failed to fulfil employers need. Then why you don't open it for FSW as well? People who score 300, 280, 350 Canada think those a garbage... But a glitter stone always found in a garbage. All policies are just dramatic and no base and no appropriate stand on this.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Its all just a game to make money..

Under Investor Visa you need only CLB 4... So how come these kind of people are acceptable by Canada?? CLB4 means the person even can't say a simple sentence perfectly and you give PR on basis of his funds...

Canada needs money only. If you are rich get PR even without IELTS also and bring your illiterate family also as Canada has no problem you give million dollar and we will allow illiterates and even those who not knows A letter of English.

Today I saw news Atlantic Pilot Program has failed to fulfil employers need. Then why you don't open it for FSW as well? People who score 300, 280, 350 Canada think those a garbage... But a glitter stone always found in a garbage. All policies are just dramatic and no base and no appropriate stand on this.
Again you are comparing apples and oranges. Investors are not skilled visas, they are invited on the basis of the funds they are going to invest, and the jobs their investments will create for Canadian residents. Express entry is for skilled workers.

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Can you elaborate what about their poor English skills and most who bring illiterate family along who are unable to communicate and how will they?

That don't put any burden on Canada and just for sake of money they give PR to illiterates just because of their wealth? Most of investor visa families even don't know what means 'How Are You' but still has PR. Lovely...

A human is not like fruit who should be treated to compare.. Then it should be Skilled investor visa not just investor visa for sake of making money.

One side 6 each means you are eligible but fact is zero value for obtaining 6 each band unless until you get 8777... So then say 8777 is eligible not 6 each and making whole world fool.

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I do not subscribe to whatever smilewinnipeg16 is saying but I have to admit that the huge difference that 6.5 & 7 has on the crs score leaves a lot to be desired! Why is the crs score difference not linear between the low & high scores, incrementing the crs score lineraly? Instead, if you have 6.5 you are well below 400 and if you get 7 you immediately shoot to 440+ Of course, the difference in English capability between 6.5 & 7 would be marginal so why does it not reflect in the crs score as well?

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Can you elaborate what about their poor English skills and most who bring illiterate family along who are unable to communicate and how will they?

That don't put any burden on Canada and just for sake of money they give PR to illiterates just because of their wealth? Most of investor visa families even don't know what means 'How Are You' but still has PR. Lovely...

A human is not like fruit who should be treated to compare.. Then it should be Skilled investor visa not just investor visa for sake of making money.

One side 6 each means you are eligible but fact is zero value for obtaining 6 each band unless until you get 8777... So then say 8777 is eligible not 6 each and making whole world fool.
Either pay and go or excel and go. You can't expect to go when you have neither!

RIELTS

Jan 18, 2019
I think experienced people who come to Canada as students when complete their studies and get 6 each score in ielts can easily get the desired score because they get points for canadaian study also

Jan 27, 2019
Your suggestions are falling on deaf years, sir !

I’ve a humble suggestion for you, quoting the words of C S Lewis- ‘We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending’.

Please try expending your energies on improving scores on the IELTS test- I was an applicant who had a score of 369 as a result of 0.5 lesser band in Listening. On my 2nd attempt, I did practice loads of tests (along with spouse) thus boosting my overall score to an impressive 444. Please bear in mind that my age was 35 coupled with a Master’s degree and over 8 years of management experience.

Let me know how I can help you in this endeavour- it’s pretty forthright, simple, and interesting to navigate these waters.

Hello sir,

Positive thinker.
I am new and applying for immigration.
Please share the complete ielts material and tips on my email m_haseeb_khan@hotmail.com

Regards
Haseeb
Watsapp no: 00923452959174

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says the prime minister damaged the integrity of Canada’s immigration system when he tweeted two years ago that Canadians will welcome all those fleeing persecution, terror and war.

“Well, people have taken him up on his word. The problem is that that damages the integrity of our immigration system and people who are trying to come to Canada the right way are now having to wait longer,” he said to applause from members of the audience.

People who deserve to come Canada are in fact unable to come. People who don't deserve are coming and getting PR of Canada.?

People who have PR they calling siblings on visitor visa by getting 10 year multiple visa and set the lawyer there already who will assist in getting open work permit for arriving siblings on visitor visa and after getting work permit get 1 year Canada work experience and file application to get PR with LOW IELTS Score band on this..Because most of them even can't clear 6 each. WHO IS WATCHING THIS? - NOBODY...

WHO WILL STOP THIS - NOBODY?? BECAUSE TRUDEAU WANTS TO WIN SO LET PEOPLE IN WHETHER CROSSING BORDERS, REFUGEE OR CALL SIBLINGS BY GIVING 10 YEAR VISA....

AND the people who are sitting in EE Pool are Fool....?There is no transparency in Immigration system of Canada..Making everybody fool.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer says the prime minister damaged the integrity of Canada’s immigration system when he tweeted two years ago that Canadians will welcome all those fleeing persecution, terror and war.

“Well, people have taken him up on his word. The problem is that that damages the integrity of our immigration system and people who are trying to come to Canada the right way are now having to wait longer,” he said to applause from members of the audience.

People who deserve to come Canada are in fact unable to come. People who don't deserve are coming and getting PR of Canada.?

People who have PR they calling siblings on visitor visa by getting 10 year multiple visa and set the lawyer there already who will assist in getting open work permit for arriving siblings on visitor visa and after getting work permit get 1 year Canada work experience and file application to get PR with LOW IELTS Score band on this..Because most of them even can't clear 6 each. WHO IS WATCHING THIS? - NOBODY...

WHO WILL STOP THIS - NOBODY?? BECAUSE TRUDEAU WANTS TO WIN SO LET PEOPLE IN WHETHER CROSSING BORDERS, REFUGEE OR CALL SIBLINGS BY GIVING 10 YEAR VISA....

AND the people who are sitting in EE Pool are Fool....?There is no transparency in Immigration system of Canada..Making everybody fool.

Hahahaha- I thought you’re already in Canada which makes it easier for you to obtain work experience.

As most stated earlier, instead of expending efforts on garnering the much-needed IELTS score, you’re hoarding negativity which doesn’t help anybody in the long run.